• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My opinion of Dizneyart is plummeting..........

77 posts in this topic

I never said that everyone bidding on the book were newbie's that was kind of implied through out this thread. I did think that having as much pertinent info in the auction as possible, might save a newbie from over paying for a book.

For give me for trying to protect some possible newer collectors out there, that may have been high thinking that this was the original. sorry.gif

If people in the know want to bid this book up to $10,000 .....more power to them.

If a newbie wants to bid $500 bucks on a book like this, then again I agree 98% of the blame has to fall squarly on the buyer. The seller can do some things to prevent possible mistakes by newer bidders thumbsup2.gif

I didn't mean any harm buy the term newbies. I just wanted to point out that the dude buys high buck comics and sells " amazing fantasy 15" expensive comics. I just find the dynamics of selling a Amazing Fantasy and buying a reprint for almost the same price interesting to say the least. smile.gif

There is another thread on this same auction somewhere...can't remeber where. But I stated there and I'll state here, that the seller has been totally upfront. The book is clearly listed as a reprint and the large scan of the CGC label verifies this.

If suckers want to part with silly money for a reprint, then thats their problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

To be honest...I do believe that "Golden Record Reprint" should have been stated somewhere in the auction listing...although the scans do clearly show that this is not the original sometimes images are not accessable due to internet problems...and the term "reissue" could be quickly glanced over by an excited bidder...

JMO... wink.gif

To be honest...I do believe that "Golden Record Reprint" should have been stated somewhere in the auction listing...although the scans do clearly show that this is not the original sometimes images are not accessable due to internet problems...and the term "reissue" could be quickly glanced over by an excited bidder...

JMO... wink.gif

Well if the buyer gets that excited that he cant read entire auction description thats his fault

JMO... wink.gif

Well if the buyer gets that excited that he cant read entire auction description thats his fault

I'm not assigning blame here...just noting that in the spirit of full disclosure it would have been nice to have GRR stated somewhere in the listing...

JMO... wink.gif

I'm not assigning blame here...just noting that in the spirit of full disclosure it would have been nice to have GRR stated somewhere in the listing...

This was my whole point in this thread and the original one I started, nothing more nothing less. I don't think the seller has done anything wrong, it's his perogative to not list GRR, which is the only shady (not dishonest) part of his auction.

Some history on this book....

History

Disneyart sells to stumpy mustang 11/27/03 $ 610.

Stumpymustang trys to sell......reserve not met $ 410 12/5/03

Stumpymustang trys to sell again....reserve not met $210

Now Dizneyart is selling it again.................

Do the words "trying to create a market" ring any bells for you ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If this does not set off a shill alert for you, its because you don't want it to.

What about the part where he says that the book's value is between $500 and $700 for chrissakes???????? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

JMO... wink.gif

WILSON IS SIMPLY USING THIS AUCTION TO ADVERTISE HIS WEBSITE...NOT TO SWINDLE ANYONE...IF ANYTHING, IT WILL GIVE HIM A HEADACHE WHEN THE UNINFORMED BUYER WANTS HIS MONEY BACK.

No, actually I think he uses eBay to move stuff that's been sitting on his website for too long.

...SO YOU DON'T THINK THIS IS PRIMARILY USED AS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR PGC HUH? CHECK THE LISTING AGAIN. IT'S A SHREWD SELF PROMOTION FOR ANYONE (NEWBIE OR VETERAN) WHO SEARCHES "SPIDERMAN #1 NM" ON EBAY. YES- IT ALSO SOLVES THE MOVEMENT OF SURPLUS TOO...TWO BIRDS- ONE STONE.