• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duo-tone Green Lantern #76...

40 posts in this topic

Not sure how it would affect the technical grade, but for me that flaw is a mega desirability-killer; for the right price, anything might be worth it, but a book with that flaw generally is not for me.

Yeah too bad,otherwise it looks like a pretty nice copy.The owner of this book really blew it keeping it near any sunlight. (shrug)

I don`t think it will affect CGC`s grade very much at all. They typically focus on structural defects, and not "appearance" defects like fading, yellowing or dust shadows.

I disagree with that; CGC definitely takes those things into consideration at various levels. I know for a fact that dust shadows get you dinged at higher grades (8.5+) and sun bleaching (what this book has) is counted as a defect into the Fine range.

I don`t think it will affect CGC`s grade very much at all. They typically focus on structural defects, and not "appearance" defects like fading, yellowing or dust shadows.

I disagree with that; CGC definitely takes those things into consideration at various levels. I know for a fact that dust shadows get you dinged at higher grades (8.5+) and sun bleaching (what this book has) is counted as a defect into the Fine range.

Correct, and depending on how hard CGC hammers it, this book could be anywhere from a 4.0 to a 6.0.

Correct, and depending on how hard CGC hammers it, this book could be anywhere from a 4.0 to a 6.0.

Yeah, CGC doesn't like fading. Not sure what Tim's on about

Gotta agree. The cover is badly faded and CGC has to hammer it.