• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

104 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new here but I don't get why some people are so antagonistic on these boards. Aren't we all here because we like collecting the same things? Somebody is offering a sketch opportunity here and if you don't like it, don't participate. If people want to complain about or discuss the scheduling and payment systems around these opportunities, fine, but I don't get why someone would complain just because they don't know/like a particular artist.

I'm not a huge sketch collector myself, but I don't see the problem with getting one from a "lesser known" artist.

WTTB we all like to person_without_enough_empathy and fight with each other--its like a white trash family who just got food stamps (thumbs u

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

What about guys like myself or Danny Cruz who were not "well known"?

Everyone needs to start somewhere and the only person making sense right now is GACollectibles. The people will decide who and what they want to collect.

Who are you again? :baiting:

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

Everyone needs to start somewhere and the only person making sense right now is GACollectibles. The people will decide who and what they want to collect.

:whee:

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have not recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I "cherish" my Danny Cruz, Bill Dinh, Mark Kidwell, Ken Haeser and Anthony Castrillo sketch covers. While I think all those guys are special talents, as is their work, I don't think they meet your definition.

Why don't you put together a list of who is good enough to do sketch covers? That ought to keep you busy enough to not threadkrap.

These opportunities will stand or fall based upon the hard work of the facilitator and the work of the artists. As it should be. To say that these opportunities should cease because the artists don't meet your scrutiny is one of, if not the most, haughty, ignorant and ridiculous comments I have ever seen on these boards. And that is a super high bar.

Oh by the way, on this opportunity, :takeit: - This guy looks insane.

:whee:

Nittany Lion pho eating dork.

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have not recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I "cherish" my Danny Cruz, Bill Dinh, Mark Kidwell, Ken Haeser and Anthony Castrillo sketch covers. While I think all those guys are special talents, as is their work, I don't think they meet your definition.

Why don't you put together a list of who is good enough to do sketch covers? That ought to keep you busy enough to not threadkrap.

These opportunities will stand or fall based upon the hard work of the facilitator and the work of the artists. As it should be. To say that these opportunities should cease because the artists don't meet your scrutiny is one of, if not the most, haughty, ignorant and ridiculous comments I have ever seen on these boards. And that is a super high bar.

I would still kill for that Shiverbones Hobgoblin.

I'm getting you're "special" all right.

I'm not a huge sketch collector myself, but I don't see the problem with getting one from a "lesser known" artist.

You're right. There is no problem. People have different collecting preferences. Every now and then someone makes a snarky comment about someone collecting something different from what they collect.

A lesser known artist was the originator of this piece at C2E2. The affordability and talent of the original sketch made the inking and coloring possible.

th_mysterioJBRRMB.jpg

Everytime you show that sketch it makes me go :cloud9:

Seriously, i appreciate Menace's effort to bring new talents to the boards. As mentioned, everyone has to start somewhere. It seems like Kris' issue is more about SSing not so well known artists sketches? I'm sure most people prefer getting their stuff graded and SS, either for authentication or convenience or just cos they slab every sketch they get.

As mentioned, I would never have heard about Bill, Ken or Anthony if not for these boards and this is something I'll eternally be thankful for. :)

^^

I mentioned before these are available raw... actually makes things much easier for me. But as I experianced with my first attempt with Matt Haley's opp everyone wanted SS, so I have worked hard to position myself for this and will offer SS for all the books I offer although raw is always available for those who choose this option. I wonder if this is stifling sales in my Red Angel thread... as I have not offered my indy comics with SS before?

I want to say I appreciate the kind and encouraging words. I will do everyhting possible to bring good talent here and offer the best products I can find.

Jake Mackessy

I am not ashamed of my comments. I don't usually bash it is not my style. I just don't completely understand Mr. Mackessy's business model.

Post sketch oppurtunities for every unknown artist a few days apart. No progress reports on the previous opps or if they are successful. Then go on and post more opps.

I am not bashing the artist. I am trying to understand Mr. Mackessy's tatics.

One project should be almost complete before the next one is offered is all I am saying.

Maybe he should slow down is all.