• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop Comments in sales threads

Ban Sales Thread Comments  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Sales Thread Comments

169 posts in this topic

In all seriousness sales threads really should be limited to the ops ad and serious buyers and not for regular chat. It is unnecessary bumping of sales threads. Having chats about books and such is what the other sections are for.

Gotta disagree dude. We're not a tiny community, but not all that huge either. The informality and camaraderie in sales threads is part of what gets me buying here.

SS,

I voted disagree, because this place is more than just a place to sell stuff, even in the selling thread. I think the synergies that are generated in a good, rousing, active sales thread are worth it.

But I agree that there has been an inordinate amount of threadkrapping lately. Especially in the Sig Room and Copper/Modern sales threads, which a lot of folks don't see.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I don't think an outright ban of chatter is the way to go.

Nice rack... er, I mean book. :eek: ... (thumbs u

:( If this worked I wanted to get sig lines banned next. Than perhaps usernames hm:)

Everyone would be given a number :D

All new threads would have to be approved by the mods :applause:

Yep, no comments was a bad idea. Perhaps we should just stick to doing our best to not leave negative comments in others sales threads. I'm sure I've done it and I'm sure rimshot is a shill who will be banned anyways.

Rimshot went racial in the McFarlane toys thread. Signs are pointing to CarolinaComix, that wacky little guy.

Or alleybat. It's so hard to tell the two apart these days.

:( If this worked I wanted to get sig lines banned next. Than perhaps usernames hm:)

Everyone would be given a number :D

All new threads would have to be approved by the mods :applause:

Yep, no comments was a bad idea. Perhaps we should just stick to doing our best to not leave negative comments in others sales threads. I'm sure I've done it and I'm sure rimshot is a shill who will be banned anyways.

Rimshot went racial in the McFarlane toys thread. Signs are pointing to CarolinaComix, that wacky little guy.

Or alleybat. It's so hard to tell the two apart these days.

hm

This is a nice idea, but you can't legislate douchebaggery, nor the elimination thereof. D-bags will be d-bags; they'll find a way to spread their d-baggishness like rats spreading disease

In all seriousness sales threads really should be limited to the ops ad and serious buyers and not for regular chat. It is unnecessary bumping of sales threads. Having chats about books and such is what the other sections are for.

Gotta disagree dude. We're not a tiny community, but not all that huge either. The informality and camaraderie in sales threads is part of what gets me buying here.

You can disagree all you want but many sites run by those rules and for a reason and some of those even have less traffic.

While I don't buy books here that often (rarely) when I look through threads where the op shows some books in first couple posts then some later on in the thread if there is a bunch of yammering I just shut the thread since don't want to go searching thru 20 pages looking for what he actually has to sell.

Also continous bumping of threads because people are yammering on effects other peoples threads and bumps them off.

This is the only site actually that I am a member of that allows this. All the rest of the sites for collectibles have strict rules be it posting rules or how long you have to wait until you can bump your thread that way everyone can get equal amounts of abilty to advertise their goods.

On a personal level, threads that are sterile and surgical like, are boring and I usually won't buy from them.

??? Why the hell should that matter? Either a sales thread has books I want or it doesn't. The fact that there is no "banter" going on is irrelevant.

You're telling me that if a sales thread has a comic you want, you won't buy it because no one is commenting in the thread?

Yeah, but it can be taken to extremes, such as pointed out by a poster above, when there's more banter than actual comics being sold.

On a personal level, threads that are sterile and surgical like, are boring and I usually won't buy from them.

??? Why the hell should that matter? Either a sales thread has books I want or it doesn't. The fact that there is no "banter" going on is irrelevant.

You're telling me that if a sales thread has a comic you want, you won't buy it because no one is commenting in the thread?

Johnny Cochran says: "If there's no banter in the thread, you do not get the bread."

Unfortunately, I have been on the bad end of 'threadcrapping', however I agree this is not the case most of the time and we should allow open comments in any thread. I am new here as has been pointed out, but this community has presented me with many good laughs, more information that you can find anywhere else and hopefully a few friends.

:tonofbricks:

I feel like that little emocon sometimes but I vote to keep the sales thread posting open.

Johnny Cochran says: "If there's no banter in the thread, you do not get the bread."

METER, GINGY, METER!!

METER, GINGY, METER!!

You don't approve of trochaic heptameter?

Accuses Phil of being a liar in sales thread

8milemax quickly jumps in after and accuses Bruce1971 of being an alleybat shill doh!

What this leads me to think is perhaps there should be a new rule instated of no commenting in others sale threads (shrug) Unless of course it is a legitimate warning to all boardies and ridiculous posts like rimshots get you a week vacation.

This no comments includes no positive comments too like "great book" etc etc which sometimes is buddies just bumping threads.

What do you others think ?

lol are you serious? I got the names mixed up and apologized to bruce! It is rimshot who I meant was a shill for alleybat and I stated it also. Why are you making a big deal about it? I was sticking up for a long standing member who got ripped off by alleybat and wanted to call him out as a shill. Take a pill