• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG: Dawn of the Dead

176 posts in this topic

But if there's a patent in place and if the patent is valid (which it is presumed to be), then it doesn't matter whether there is only one "right" way to make the product. You have the patent, you get exclusive rights to make the product for the life of the patent (and when the life of the patent expires, everyone else can copy you, a la Nike airsoles). End of story. Fairness has nothing to do with it.

I think we may be getting away from one basic concept. The holders are designed to fit comics. Look at baseball card slabs. There arer dozens of card grading services yet all the holders are:

approx the same size, give or take a millimeter

sealed almost the same way, in about the same place

about the same weight and materials used

so similar in fact from service to service that if you removed the labels magically from inside the holders, you'd have a hard time telling any of them apart!

Those holders are designed to fit baseball cards so the same general shape, form, and function must be applied to all holders. It wouldn't make sense at all for one company to take a drastic departure from what works best. The label is what identifies the grading service in most cases.

I would think that is true with comics. It wouldn't make sense for someone to design a holder twice the size, that seals in a place other than around the edges, etc. etc. All the holders are pretty much going to be very similar from company to company, hobby to hobby. It's logical.

If they have a patent, I'm sure they have their own patent counsel. But I'd still take the free subs!!!

I hope CGC gives you some free submissions for all your free advice. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Look at clothes momentarily. If a new company starts manufacturing dress shirts, they are not going to have to stitch the shoulder seams 1/2 inch lower than any other shirt manufacturer has ever done before, nor are they going to have to sew them with some kind of exotic stitch that has never been used in the manufacture of shirts before. That would be cumbersome, the shirt binding and bunching up in the wearing because the shirts are designed to fit our forms. You'd never see a company suing another for copyright infringement because two different shirt manufacturers constructed their dress shirts from the same basic pattern that is a standard shirt pattern. They sue over labels, cloned names, and graphic design infringements, not because one basic white dress shirt made of cotton looks like another basic white dress shirt made of cotton.

IBM, Fuji, Memorex, etc. all put out floppy disks. They must fit a form because your PC dictates it. Without the labels, they all look identical. More infringement?

Yes, infringement--if someone owns a patent and decides to sue someone who uses the technology without a license agreement. You mention the floppy disk drive as an example; just because something is an industry standard doesn't mean it isn't patented and that manufacturers don't have to kick money up to the patent owner. IBM owns the patent for floppy disks, although I think they bought it from someone else.

I think CGC should buy CGG and use them to help grade books. Cut the country in to two halves west of the Mississippi send to Oregon and east of the Mississippi to Florida. I do like CGG holder little better. A merger would be good.

27_laughing.gif I apologize for saying this, but are you insane? Why would a reputable company like CGC join forces with a bunch of retards? insane.gif

I think CGC should buy CGG and use them to help grade books. Cut the country in to two halves west of the Mississippi send to Oregon and east of the Mississippi to Florida. I do like CGG holder little better. A merger would be good.

27_laughing.gif I apologize for saying this, but are you insane? Why would a reputable company like CGC join forces with a bunch of retards? insane.gif

'Cause if they don't, RS will be out of a job? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well it's obvious the RS is just concerned about being able to roll his 401K over from CGG to his next employer, right? I mean, what's not to understand? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well it's obvious the RS is just concerned about being able to roll his 401K over from CGG to his next employer, right? I mean, what's not to understand? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, get your own nemesis! RS is my bottom [!@#%^&^]! mad.gif

It's okay, RS, you know I still love you right? flowerred.gif

I heard that you were a "switch"?

Why do you only get in (off?) on threads like this?? blush.gif893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Why do you only get in (off?) on threads like this?? blush.gif893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

Heard? What, you mean you don't remember those tender moments we shared during my last trip to Vancouver? sorry.gif

I mean I know I gave you more rohypnol than I planned... But I thought you would have at least remembered something.... foreheadslap.gif

Heard? What, you mean you don't remember those tender moments we shared during my last trip to Vancouver? sorry.gif

I mean I know I gave you more rohypnol than I planned... But I thought you would have at least remembered something.... foreheadslap.gif

Man, you must have given him enough to knock out an elephant (in short-shorts)! Greggy doses himself with that stuff to build up his tolerance in case his "dates" get nervous and pull a switcheroo! (A la "The Princess Bride")

The hidden cameras show everything! frown.gif

So do your shorts! blush.gif

angel.gif

angel.gif

*sigh*

This thread is just like old times... cloud9.gif

angel.gif

*sigh*

This thread is just like old times... cloud9.gif

Yeah...when we were uninhibited! sumo.gif