• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG: Dawn of the Dead

176 posts in this topic

Frankly, I hate them. gossip.gif

BOC, can you provide some lucidification edification for me in regards to that comment? Is it the service or the premium the service entails, which creates helter skelter on comic markets? Or is it the market manipulation which creates an unstable environment ripe for a 'market adjustment' (ie CRASH)

popcorn.gif

© BOC 2004

Frankly, I hate them. gossip.gif

BOC, can you provide some lucidification edification for me in regards to that comment? Is it the service or the premium the service entails, which creates helter skelter on comic markets?

popcorn.gif

© BOC 2004

I was just kidding. I don't love 'em or hate 'em. I do appreciate all the good things they've brought to the hobby & find the others things frustrating. gossip.gif

Geez, this BOC guy is something else. I have seen myself and others supporting CGG being called a lapdog. Sure, you can call me that if you want, it's your right. If the fact that I use CGG's service and feel that for my purposes they are doing a good job, then woof, woof. I guess I would have to be a CGC lapdog then too. I'm also a Honda lapdog, a Coca-Cola lapdog, a Subway lapdog, a Sony lapdog, a Dell lapdog, a Power Bar lapdog, a Glock lapdog, a Levis lapdog, a Marvel lapdog, a DC lapdog, a DeGiornos lapdog, a Tombstone lapdog, a Budget Travel lapdog, a Playboy lapdog, a Southwest Airlines lapdog, an Ebay lapdog a ...........

WOOF WOOF !!!!!

Can't we all just get along? Geez. As you know I disagree with many and have no problem expressing that. But we are all good people (I am assuming) but it seems almost as if some people take personal attacks a little too far. -----Sid

Calling all Anti-CGGer

I'm not anti-anybody who's not a crook or an egotist, but patent and copyright law are of some interest to me, so I took some time to read CGC's patent. I copied and pasted this earlier from the CGC patent. Look at the line I made bold and underlined:

1. A collectable article authentication system comprising:

a core adapted for receiving said collectable article;

means for authenticating said collectable article being attached to said core;

a case having a top and a bottom, said case defining a cavity between said top and bottom for receiving said core, said case being formed by ultrasonically welding said top and bottom together; and

means for positively indicating sealing of said top to said bottom,

wherein tampering with said case forms a visible irreparable condition of said case indicative of tampering.

How does this point you're making about the CGG label being inside the inner well differ from this highighted description of CGC's stated relationship of their label to their well? It doesn't sound like enough difference to fall outside the scope of CGC's patent.

FF

I am not saying you. Your posts are backed with facts not just happiness in seeing CGG take a hit. This can make CGC the only one to slab comics CGG and 3pg would have to stop. Then the wait time will be 100 business days for moderns and 6 months for economy.

I think CGC should buy CGG and use them to help grade books. Cut the country in to two halves west of the Mississippi send to Oregon and east of the Mississippi to Florida. I do like CGG holder little better. A merger would be good.