• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG: Dawn of the Dead

176 posts in this topic

As for sonic sealing, I do own a CGG well, and the sealing looks identical to the CGC inner holder (the width of the seal is actually about 1/16" wider, but the texturing generated by the sealing process is the same).

If I may add something on the ultrasonic seal.

That process rights are owned by someone else. There are many sealing type machinery out there that do the ultrasonic sealing for many kinds of products. As a matter of fact we use it in some of the products were I work. So though the seal can be used by whatever company products, the sealing process can not be claimed. The final product can though. The seal is just a step in the process of making the final produce.

Although I like CGG, most of what I have them grade for me is for the intention of selling the slab on Ebay and I do not want CGG to get such a bad rep that no one will want to buy my CGG slabs. I've got maybe 40 or so right now.

I think this statement sums it up for many CGG submitters that are probably jumping ship as we speak.

Although I like CGG, most of what I have them grade for me is for the intention of selling the slab on Ebay and I do not want CGG to get such a bad rep that no one will want to buy my CGG slabs. I've got maybe 40 or so right now.

I think this statement sums it up for many CGG submitters that are probably jumping ship as we speak.

Ahhhh, I always wondered why the heck BassGMan was such a fervent CGG lapdog. I now see the light. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Redhook

First that picture you have neil.jpg scares me 27_laughing.gif I do like Neil Young. I do feel the doctored scan does not make them look good at all. I do not like just scans of labels from CGG not showing us the books in their CGG case. Then showing the whole CGC books. Every time I see a post in More CGC Grading Fun you have two whole scans before and after. CGG should explain about the scan and if they miss it just come clean good or bad. I think this would be good for everyone here.

Now the copyright thing

CGC would have sued right away if they think CGG broke there copyright.

This is were they are different

CGG Label is enclosed with the comic in the well

CGC Label is not enclosed with the comic

CGG's case are sealed tight all around

CGC's cases are sealed at the top and bottom not the sides

CGG's Label has letters with the grades Example NM+ 9.8

CGC's Label just the number grade Example 9.8

CGG's Label has the Date the comic was graded

CGC's Label has no date the comic was graded

CGG's case has no hologram

CGC's case has a hologram

CGG's case with comic 1 lb 3 oz

CGC's case with comic 14.4 oz

RS

I will read this tomorrow SEE YA thumbsup2.gif

Ahhhh, I always wondered why the heck BassGMan was such a fervent CGG lapdog. I now see the light. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BOC, I thought you put me on "ignore". I guess not. Well, yes and no regarding your statements above. What I have said about CGG in the past and how I want to treat them fairly and not rrush to judgment has nothing to do with my own interests. I just don't like seeing the underdog picked on unfairly. The scan incident? If it really is doctored then fine. Slam away. I am still not convinced although I do have my doubts as well. I will give them the benefit of the doubt until I hear from them.

My ONLY personal interest in CGG is that yes, I do have 40 slabs that I will list on Ebay sometime in the next six months or so. A couple really nice ones too, several books worth up to $500 and etc. though nothing that will make me rich. And yes, I will test the waters with these books when I list them. If these books draw so much of a lessor bid than equivalent CGC slabbed books then obviously I will have to cease my CGG submissions and just put up with CGC's extra waiting time and use them exclusively. I hope that it doesn't come to this. As a consumer I like having several choices and I do find CGG a better source for some books (mostly pre-'75 books in the $100-$300 range). Oh well. If CGG goes under I am still happy with CGC. Just that Economy level turnaround really bugs me, and even Modern is a nice long wait as well. Whatcha' gonna do? As long as my CGG books sell halfway decent on Ebay and CGG stays in business, I will certainly continue to submit to them. ------Sid

This isn't the slightest bit true. A lawsuit costs money, so for CGC to sue, they would have to believe there is an opportunity to make more money on the suit than the legal fees costs them, i.e., to increase their business by decreasing competition. Since they're already overwhelmed with business, and since CGG hasn't made much market penetration yet, a lawsuit probably doesn't make much sense right now. Companies quite frequently keep patent, copyright, and trademark infringement lawsuits sitting on the back burner until they've got a compelling reason to pursue them.

Ignoring the copyright items you pointed out and focusing more on the patent-related items, the specific details you're mentioning don't appear to fall outside the claims made within CGC's patent with the possible exception of the CGG case being sealed tight all around. Is this really true? I don't have one to compare, but when I inspected one at a convention a few weeks ago, it looked like they were sealed only at the corners like the CGC cases are and that they just plunked that sticker on the right edge to make it somewhat "tamper-evident." If they are sealed all around, any idea what they're using to seal it? Glue? confused-smiley-013.gif

Link to the CGC Patent

It seems to me like they've covered all aspects of the plastic comic holdering sytem. It appears as FBB indicated, the only thing CGC needs to prove is that one of the claims under their patent is being infringed upon (ie. confirm the material used for the CGG inner-well) and they have grounds to pursue an infringement case.

Now the copyright thing

RS

confused.gif893frustrated.gifconfused.gif893frustrated.gif

Do you not read the posts?!!?! Click on the link with the patent information!! CGG has clearly violated MOST of those claims! foreheadslap.gif I seriously hope that the lawyer for CGG is NOTHING like you, or else they are tonofbricks.gif. Man...this is what is like talking to a fanboy...

I looked at the CGG case more carefully. It looks like it has a grove on one half and it snaps together. The grove looks longer and has a more smug fit then CGC's

*** You are ignoring this user ***

I have no idea what you just wrote since I'm ignoring you but because you replied to me I will make 3 points:

1. If someone else quotes you then I will see your posts. Rickdogg quoted you, I unfortunately read your post. The Ignore feature doesn't get around that.

2. Some advice: sell your CGG slabs! That market will surely Crash! tonofbricks.gif

3. "I do not want CGG to get such a bad rep that no one will want to buy my CGG slabs. I've got maybe 40 or so right now" ( BassGMan on why he is a CGG lapdog ). Classic stuff! 27_laughing.gif