• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Keith Richards' autobiography, "Life". Good trashy read.

My musician buddies are punks & enjoy mocking bands like the Stones. Even so, a couple of them were talking about how great this book was when I was drinking with them back during the holidays.

.....this one is going on my list. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm reading "Too Big to Fail" by Andrew Sorkin.

Be interesting to see whether its consistent with how I remember it.

This is on my list.

However, I recently opted for The Hunger Games instead. It was quick and enjoyable.

I just finished " A Game of Thrones" by George Martin. Now on to book two.

Best of luck! Those are some great books, but they were so big and moved so slowly that I wound up having to give them up. Actually, I took a break after finishing the second or third one, then when I went back I couldn't remember everything being referenced and got turned off. If you just plow through it all I'm sure you'll be in love.

Right now, i'm reading Last Train To Memphis for the second time. It's the first of a two part biography of Elvis, and it's fantastic.

Best of luck! Those are some great books, but they were so big and moved so slowly that I wound up having to give them up. Actually, I took a break after finishing the second or third one, then when I went back I couldn't remember everything being referenced and got turned off. If you just plow through it all I'm sure you'll be in love.

So far, I'm loving these books. The series starts Sunday on HBO. My wife is pissed since I added HBO to our cable package just for this series. :banana:

So far, I'm loving these books. The series starts Sunday on HBO. My wife is pissed since I added HBO to our cable package just for this series. :banana:

Some of the finest fantasty I've ever read and well worth the journey to the end! Tyrion is one of the great characters in fantasy as well as his brother the Kingslayer.

Savor these books Diggler since Martin can't seem to write one without several years going by. By the way, the next one comes out in July.

Some of the finest fantasty I've ever read and well worth the journey to the end! Tyrion is one of the great characters in fantasy as well as his brother the Kingslayer.

Savor these books Diggler since Martin can't seem to write one without several years going by. By the way, the next one comes out in July.

I'm late to the party. It's going to take me some time to get caught up.

i plowed through them, thought they were all excellent

Caesar by Colleen McCullough. Great Historical Fiction series (Masters of Rome) that was meticulously researched.

My father was obsessed with that series. He was reading them fanatically right up until his stroke. (One thing had nothing to do with the other ...I'm pretty sure)

I've started a trilogy by Ed Greenwood The Swords of Eveningstar...typical fantasy sword and sorcery stufff. With Borders going under this stuff is now 70% off. It's not too complicated reading for my subway commute.

I'm just biding my time for The Twelve, Justing Cronin's follow-up to his great read The Passage...can't wait!!
(worship)

Man, after i finished The Passage i freaked the hell out because I read it soon after release and I knew I had to wait a long while for the next book.

This series got me more excited than I have been about a book in years.

Just finished up The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. A great series of books by JW Rinzler, author of The Making of Star Wars. Now I have to wait for The Making of ROTJ to come out. Tons of behind the scenes stuff for the Star Wars nut.

Considered reading The Road again, but twice is enough for now. Dark, depressing and one of the best books I've ever read.

Just finished up The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. A great series of books by JW Rinzler, author of The Making of Star Wars. Now I have to wait for The Making of ROTJ to come out. Tons of behind the scenes stuff for the Star Wars nut.

Considered reading The Road again, but twice is enough for now. Dark, depressing and one of the best books I've ever read.

Try Blood Meridian, also by Cormac McCarthy. It's incredibly badass.

Try Blood Meridian, also by Cormac McCarthy. It's incredibly badass.

I can't think of too many characters from the last few decades of fiction that have stuck out in my mind more than The Judge.

Right now I am reading:

Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis, which is about Wall St. during the 1980s

All My Life for Sale by John Freyer, about a guy who sold everything he owned on eBay

The Know-It-All by A.J Jacobs, the story of a man who read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica

and just for fun, The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton

I'm just biding my time for The Twelve, Justing Cronin's follow-up to his great read The Passage...can't wait!!
(worship)

Man, after i finished The Passage i freaked the hell out because I read it soon after release and I knew I had to wait a long while for the next book.

This series got me more excited than I have been about a book in years.

(thumbs u Me too. My wife made me read it and I loved every page!

I have to agree here. I read it when my first son was 6 months old...I couldn't put it down...it struck a chord with me at that point in my life. Great read, especially for those of us who have sons.