• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

I've had A Princess of Mars on my nightstand for about two weeks now. I've wanted to read it again for a while now. Might try to finally get started on it tonight.

If non-fiction books count, I'm reading Front End Drupal and Head First PHP & MySQL - riveting. :insane:

Im reading the Venus Series by ERB again for probably my 5th time. (thumbs u

Re-reading the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

:applause:

I'm reading "501st: A Republic Commando Novel"

Ive read Heir to the Empire trilogy about 8 times since I bought the Heir to the Empire in softback when I was a Sr. in HS.

There are very few stories I like to read and read again than those.

The Han Solo Trilogy is an excellent read too.

I currently am reading The Long Emergency and The Delta Solution by Patrick Robinson.

Is the newest edition of the Lost Tribe series out yet?

I don't think they are yet. These are EBOOKS, right? Not printed?

No it's the fate o the Jedi series

Hmmm hm , are you sure? I know the "current" decendants of the Lost Tribe are in the F.O.T.J. series, but if you look at The STAR WARS Novels Timeline, the Lost Tribe of the Sith are listed 5000 years before A New Hope as Ebook Novellas. But as far as the F.O.T.J. "Conviction", I think the SciFi book club just shipped it to me.

Yes, its the fate of the jedi series. I miscalled the name. Ive read the series pretty much all on my wifes Kindle so while I know the story and have enjoyed it although Im not good with the titles as I dont see a cover everytime I open it up to read.

I generally have a few philosophy, physics, random books going simultaneously. Currently in the middle of:

The Portable Atheist edited by Christopher Hitchens

Visions by Michio Kaku (1997 predictions of scientific advancements over the next 20, 50, and 100 years)

Superheroes and Philosophy edited by Tom Morris and Matt Morris

Also just finished In Search of Time by Dan Falk. If the concept and origin of time interest you at all this book is a great read, very interesting without being overly technical.

Michio Kaku is a pretty amazing author. I read Hyperspace in high school and was instantly hooked on theoretical physics. In fact, I am reading Parallel Worlds right now. Also reading:

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zaffon (just an excellent book, full of mystery, history and romance)

Bored of the Rings by The Harvard Lampoon (a favorite since junior high. Great parody, but that might just be the nostalgia talking)

I have Parallel Worlds and Physics of the Impossible waiting on my shelf, just not much time to read. :(

I read In Search of Time a few weeks ago, it was a lot of fun. Just finished SuperFreakonomics, two words: monkey prostitution. That was a blast, I finished it in less than a day. Currently on The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

Ive read Heir to the Empire trilogy about 8 times since I bought the Heir to the Empire in softback when I was a Sr. in HS.

I currently am reading The Long Emergency and The Delta Solution by Patrick Robinson.

Hmmm hm , are you sure? I know the "current" decendants of the Lost Tribe are in the F.O.T.J. series, but if you look at The STAR WARS Novels Timeline, the Lost Tribe of the Sith are listed 5000 years before A New Hope as Ebook Novellas. But as far as the F.O.T.J. "Conviction", I think the SciFi book club just shipped it to me.

Yes, its the fate of the jedi series. I miscalled the name. Ive read the series pretty much all on my wifes Kindle so while I know the story and have enjoyed it although Im not good with the titles as I dont see a cover everytime I open it up to read.

Ah. That makes sense. One of these days I'll get a Kindle, though the traditionalist in me loves the feel of paper.

Just got "Conviction" in the mail a few minutes ago. I'm going to put 501st down (Karen Travis' books kinda bore me (shrug) ) and start it.

I've had A Princess of Mars on my nightstand for about two weeks now. I've wanted to read it again for a while now. Might try to finally get started on it tonight.

If non-fiction books count, I'm reading Front End Drupal and Head First PHP & MySQL - riveting. :insane:

Im reading the Venus Series by ERB again for probably my 5th time. (thumbs u

A Princess of Mars is one of my all time favorites. Love the whole John Carter series. Great stuff!

Just picked up Atlas Shrugged Ayn Rand...didn't realize what a monster book it will be to read.

Anyone else read this? Thoughts?

Hey, I just found out a movie is going to be made on this. I'm not sure if it's the same premise as the book....guess I should start reading.

I'm reading these posts... :devil:

But seriously, I'm reading the BIG BANG (no relation to the TV show) about the history of cosmological theories. I've also just finished reading J.L. BOURNE's 2 DAY-BY-DAY ARMAGEDDON novels about a zombie apocalypse. I've also started reading PETER BLATTY's DOMINION and NOAM CHOMSKY's HEGEMONY OR SURVIVAL.

Edited by voorhees

Just picked up Atlas Shrugged Ayn Rand...didn't realize what a monster book it will be to read.

Anyone else read this? Thoughts?

Hey, I just found out a movie is going to be made on this. I'm not sure if it's the same premise as the book....guess I should start reading.

PM Dover if interested. He's an Ayn Rand freak

Wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. Now that someone has come along to finish the series I figured I would start from the beginning again.

I'm upto book 8, its an awesome journey and if you have not read it before I envy you for being at the start of it, knowing what's to come.

Wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. Now that someone has come along to finish the series I figured I would start from the beginning again.

I'm upto book 8, its an awesome journey and if you have not read it before I envy you for being at the start of it, knowing what's to come.

I read it before but there were only 8 books published at the time. That was about 10 years ago or so. Now that the series is coming to a conclusion I decided to start over and finish it.