• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old

61 posts in this topic

I ended up getting it for $10.50 It gives me a representative grade I don't yet have to compare others too. I would not ever send it in to be graded but now I have a copy of that grade. The original person who submitted it paid way more than I did. Heck, I spend more on cold Landshark than that!!! Besides, it now has a nice home and other slabs to converse with.

I ended up getting it for $10.50 It gives me a representative grade I don't yet have to compare others too. I would not ever send it in to be graded but now I have a copy of that grade. The original person who submitted it paid way more than I did. Heck, I spend more on cold Landshark than that!!! Besides, it now has a nice home and other slabs to converse with.
:applause:

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old (shrug)

Well, when mommies and daddies love each other and want to have a baby.......

Son, after seeing another Boozad & DrWatson exchange I am reminded that there are other explanations, for example sometimes when daddies love daddies and want to have a baby it usually just involves a bunch of paperwork.

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old (shrug)

Well, when mommies and daddies love each other and want to have a baby.......

Son, after seeing another Boozad & DrWatson exchange I am reminded that there are other explanations, for example sometimes when daddies love daddies and want to have a baby it usually just involves a bunch of paperwork.

I just have to make sure Watson puts his X on the right dotted line.

I remember bidding on a run of ghost rider or some other title a couple years ago with 20-25 slabs in grades of 2.0 to I think 9.2 at the highest. They were virtually worthless in grade, but well worth the $100 or so I bid at the time as examples of CGC grading. If you look at the results of the grading contest, you can probably guess that they went for a lot more than what I was willing to pay. :P

I'd have dropped out at about $8. Thats what the slab itself is worth to me. I'd open it and use it for one of my Ditko spideys.
For what, a really solid backer board?

Carefully opened slabs can be reused as Fortress-like holders. Put the book in a mylite and then insert it and you have a great protective case.

Okay, I just don't understand why there are any bids on this book never mind 11 so far. They aren't buying for the grade, or the book. I just don't understand. (shrug)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-47-CGC-1-0-FR-Universal-/360342472267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e615c64b

The bidders cant see well and they think it says CGC 10

:roflmao::signfunny:

You're only six, you wouldn't understand.

I can't talk to you, my mother taught me not to talk to any "OldGuy"

:jokealert: Well a lame attempt at a joke on my part.