• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIGNATURE SERIES MAGAZINES

51 posts in this topic

If there is a thread for this I cant find it so ill start a new one

SIGNATURE SERIES MAGAZINE

Twilight Zone #1 Grade 7.0 Signed by

Harlan Ellison, George R R Martin, Richard Matheson, George Clayton Johnson, Felice Picano, Ray Bradbury and Dennis Etchison

twilightzone004.jpg

Fangoria #284 30th Anniversary Edition! Limited Variant of 666 copies Grade 9.8 Signed by

Doug Bradley , Clive Barker, Robert Englund, George A. Romero, John Carpenter, Sergio Argento and Joe Dante

fangoria002.jpg

Marvel Comics Super Special #1 Grade 8.0 Signed 3 out of 4 by

Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss

kiss003.jpg

I've been wondering, but have been too lazy to search or ask before. What are the restrictions on the types of magazines being submitted?

Hypothetically speaking, if Eminem happens to appear at a con (not likely), is that XXL magazine with him in the Punisher comic, one that will be accepted for grading? Or, say, Lindsay Lohan's New York magazine (where she made out to look like Marilyn Monroe), a WWE Diva on a WWE Diva Magazine, or Barack Obama on the cover of Time Magazine (or People magazine). Would those be accepted?

I should probably post this in the Q&A thread too.

I've been wondering, but have been too lazy to search or ask before. What are the restrictions on the types of magazines being submitted?

Hypothetically speaking, if Eminem happens to appear at a con (not likely), is that XXL magazine with him in the Punisher comic, one that will be accepted for grading? Or, say, Lindsay Lohan's New York magazine (where she made out to look like Marilyn Monroe), a WWE Diva on a WWE Diva Magazine, or Barack Obama on the cover of Time Magazine (or People magazine). Would those be accepted?

I should probably post this in the Q&A thread too.

iv been told that cgc can usually grade magazines that are the size of a CGC FORM. hope that helps.

CGC isn't too strict about what magazines they will and won't grade. But it is a good Idea to ask first. The most important thing to keep in mind is it somehow needs to be related to comics/ horror/ sci fi/ or popular culture. Another thing to keep in mind is if there are CGC accepted items available CGC might be less likely to accept a random magazine they are not known for grading.

Some examples Are Playboys that WWE Diva's posed in or the machete comic which could be signed by Lindsey Lohan because she was in the movie. Plus there are half a dozen different Barack Obama comics. There is no need to allow time magazine or the new yorker or wwe diva because there is other available material that meets CGC requirements.

CGC isn't too strict about what magazines they will and won't grade. But it is a good Idea to ask first. The most important thing to keep in mind is it somehow needs to be related to comics/ horror/ sci fi/ or popular culture. Another thing to keep in mind is if there are CGC accepted items available CGC might be less likely to accept a random magazine they are not known for grading.

Some examples Are Playboys that WWE Diva's posed in or the machete comic which could be signed by Lindsey Lohan because she was in the movie. Plus there are half a dozen different Barack Obama comics. There is no need to allow time magazine or the new yorker or wwe diva because there is other available material that meets CGC requirements.

Understandable. Thanks Kris.

Hey Kris, you mentioned that the magazine needs to be related to comics, horror, sci-fi or popular culture for CGC to grade? Just curious, where do playboys fall under? :)

Hey Kris, you mentioned that the magazine needs to be related to comics, horror, sci-fi or popular culture for CGC to grade? Just curious, where do playboys fall under? :)

Great eye candy...err..I mean articles.

Have you seen some of those girls? Totally Sci-Fi.

And if the guy having them slabbed thinks he's got a shot at any of them then it falls under "Fantasy".

(thumbs u

CGC Grades playboys and sports illustrated. Those publications are on their published approved list of publications that CGC will certify. As for where they fall probably popular culture. If you consider the celebrity interviews and pictorials.

When I said that the magazine needed to fall into those 4 categories I meant if it was a magazine not on CGC's Published approved list.

Have you seen Lienna Quigley lately?

:whatthe:

GREAT books Jesse!!! Here's a few CGC SS magazines:

First (and speaking of Lienna Quigley) is a Rue Morgue # 71 signed by the cast from Return of the Livning Dead!

Next is a Fangoria # 10 signed by David Cronenberg! It is followed by a Dawn of the Dead poster book signed by Romero, Savini, and Argento!

Last, is Fangoria 32 signed by John Carpenter and four cast members from CHRISTINE!

109410.jpg.39ce1cbf253cb5bc33e4e5832284bbbe.jpg

109411.jpg.2f4140c157fca186647095108715cf8f.jpg

109412.jpg.ff5214a058fc3450b9cf5118d2697044.jpg

109413.jpg.86af56cf11432ccdb36824cdea7e16b4.jpg

Cool stuff so far...this is the only Mag that I have:

iqdgdd.jpg

Okay, so I have two :) and you won't find copies like these around. I'd say they're the ULTIMATE John Carpenter CGC SS books. I got the two MOST FLAWLESS personal copies from the creator of the fanzine (his only copies). Issue 6 only had a 500 print run, and issue 7, I am unsure, but I know it was still low. Love them!

JCF6.jpg

SIGNED BY JOHN CARPENTER

JCF7.jpg

SIGNED BY JOHN CARPENTER, MEG FOSTER (THEY LIVE), DANNIELLE

HARRIS (HALLOWEEN 4), & CHARLES CYPHERS (HALLOWEEN 1 & 2).

Maybe one day I'll be able to add Kurt Russel to the issue 6 :shrug: I know it's unlikely, but I can dream.

Always love seeing your books Triston.

GREAT books Jesse!!! Here's a few CGC SS magazines:

First (and speaking of Lienna Quigley) is a Rue Morgue # 71 signed by the cast from Return of the Livning Dead!

Next is a Fangoria # 10 signed by David Cronenberg! It is followed by a Dawn of the Dead poster book signed by Romero, Savini, and Argento!

Last, is Fangoria 32 signed by John Carpenter and four cast members from CHRISTINE!