• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Well, Borders officially filed for bankruptcy

44 posts in this topic

Are we supposed to make new threads every time we post now?

Sorry, I didn't mean to add a post to your thread. :eek:

:baiting:

Your blood is up. Quit being a butthole. Greengod has you all out of sorts.

You guys take me WAY more seriously than you should. :makepoint:

I don't . :whatev:

zzz

Are we supposed to make new threads every time we post now?

Sorry, I didn't mean to add a post to your thread. :eek:

:baiting:

Your blood is up. Quit being a butthole. Greengod has you all out of sorts.

You guys take me WAY more seriously than you should. :makepoint:

I rarely take you seriously Dice :insane:;)

On the other hand, YOU, should ALWAYS take me seriously. :sumo:

lol

This is unlikely to be good for the consumer.

This is really unlikely to be good for the comics industry. Rumor has it one of Border's biggest creditors is Diamond Distributors....to the tune of 3.9 million dollars.

Mine isn't closing :banana:

I was kind of interested to see what they did with the space if it did close though. My Borders is at an outdoor mall type place with nothing but the bookstore, a cigar shop, a Bang and Olufsen store, a movie theater, and some restaurants. I never go there unless I"m heading to the theater or meeting someone for some reason because parking is terrible. Without the bookstore, which is the largest building there besides the movie theater, they would be in big trouble. Especially since there are like two more movie theaters a decent sized indoor mall all within about 5 miles of the place.

The stores here in Oz are similarly convulsed, but what is really making punters angry is the edict that in order to redeem gift certificates, an additional purchase at least equivalent to the value of said certificate must be made at time of redemption. i.e I have a $100 gift certificate, I'll then need to spend ANOTHER $100 to redeem it.

Linky

A number of legal avenues are being pursued, but I think those with certificates are SOL.

The stores here in Oz are similarly convulsed, but what is really making punters angry is the edict that in order to redeem gift certificates, an additional purchase at least equivalent to the value of said certificate must be made at time of redemption. i.e I have a $100 gift certificate, I'll then need to spend ANOTHER $100 to redeem it.

Linky

A number of legal avenues are being pursued, but I think those with certificates are SOL.

Ouch!