• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy - 22nd to 24th (corrected)

22nd to 24th  

237 members have voted

1. 1. 22nd to 24th

75 posts in this topic

All,

thanks for the continuing strong vote participation. More than 78 people participated in the previous round.

The list after the last round:

25th OAAW #83

26th B&B #34

27th GL #1

28th JLA #1

29th ASM #3

30th Flash #123

31st ASM #50

This poll will hopefully determine the placings for 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

You have 3 votes accordingly.

As with the last poll please vote for the least important books

In a way I'm relieved to see B&B 34 and OAAW 83 taken out of the running, because being key Kubert books I would have had a hard time assessing them objectively and eliminating them so soon.

My votes this round... Flash 105, TTA 27, for the same reasons as last time, and ASM 1, keeping the origin issue in play.

Tec 225, nobody on the street knows who this is, and really not influential in the comic collecting world either. Quick - name his first cover?

TTA 27 - A weak character and a weak intro with no costume and a sister comic (bee hive) that went no where. I consider this more of a simpy tryout of a side character. It just happens to be early Marvel so it gets elevated status

Flash 105 - Might have been stronger if it was a #1 issue but this is not a strong comic or historical appearance.

I had ASM 14 close to Tec 225 and Fury 1 is getting close too.

My votes this time round:

Action #252

Tec #225

FF #4

Good choices, George. I'm basically paring it down to the key first appearances / re-introductions, just one chance per character. I'm taking out Action 252 and Tec 225 very early on in the next round(s). FF 4 is one of my favourite SA books, so that'll give it more longevity.

TTA 27 - A weak character and a weak intro with no costume and a sister comic (bee hive) that went no where. I consider this more of a simpy tryout of a side character. It just happens to be early Marvel so it gets elevated status.

Yes. I don't understand how TTA 27 survived this far. All the Marvel zombies I guess.

Sgt. Fury 1 gets a vote because as a war comic the series was a complete travesty. It typically reflected a "War is fun - and easy too!" way of thinking.

Amazing Spider-Man 14 because the Green Goblin was the most minor character intro of those which remain.

:makepoint:

My votes this time round:

Action #252

Tec #225

FF #4

Good choices, George. I'm basically paring it down to the key first appearances / re-introductions, just one chance per character. I'm taking out Action 252 and Tec 225 very early on in the next round(s). FF 4 is one of my favourite SA books, so that'll give it more longevity.

(thumbs u

I like FF #4 too but as Subby didn't really change that much from the GA I found it difficult to place it much higher in importance.

this was easier. many arguable books already gone, leaving a few low hangers...

ADV 247

TEC 225

FLASH 105

next up

ANT-MAN and SUPERGIRL, or whoever survived my picks above

Oh for heavens sake. 247 is much more important to the hobby than ant-man, supergril, the SA subby and many others on the board.

Why don't we just vote off FF1, AF 15, DD 1 etc right now? Preposterous I know, but so is making Adv 247 not even a top 20 SA book (tsk)

this was easier. many arguable books already gone, leaving a few low hangers...

ADV 247

TEC 225

FLASH 105

next up

ANT-MAN and SUPERGIRL, or whoever survived my picks above

Oh for heavens sake. 247 is much more important to the hobby than ant-man, supergril, the SA subby and many others on the board.

Why don't we just vote off FF1, AF 15, DD 1 etc right now? Preposterous I know, but so is making Adv 247 not even a top 20 SA book (tsk)

(thumbs u