• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any golfers out there?

23 posts in this topic

Anyone else watching the Players Championship final round? Who do you think is going to win? Id like to see Michelson win, but I think Adam Scott will. popcorn.gif

No, I was out playing a round. What the hell are you doing watching golf on TV, when you could be out golfing yourself? That's what TiVo and SportsCenter are for!

Anyone else watching the Players Championship final round? Who do you think is going to win? Id like to see Michelson win, but I think Adam Scott will. popcorn.gif

No, I was out playing a round. What the hell are you doing watching golf on TV, when you could be out golfing yourself? That's what TiVo and SportsCenter are for!

What the hell were you doing playing golf when you could have been posting here?You just wasted four hours that could have been used wonderbreading your books.Shame,shame!

I am a bit Regionally challenged... the sun hasnt fully risen here in my part of the East as yet! 893frustrated.gif

What the hell were you doing playing golf when you could have been posting here?You just wasted four hours that could have been used wonderbreading your books.Shame,shame!

grin.gifgrin.gif ha ha, funny stuff

I played my 1st round of the season on Friday Afternoon.....and to quote

Not Brand Ecch!! I'm "Mighty Sore".

What happened to Daly? He needs to be top 10 in the money to make the Masters....

Oh well.

My 2 picks on my office's suicide fantasy golf league sucked royally - Allenby and Verplank. We actually were going to pick Scott - but these other 2 guys were complaining we weren't letting them have enough say in the picks - so they substituted Verplank for Scott...Grreat tradeoff.

What happened to Daly? He needs to be top 10 in the money to make the Masters....

Oh well.

My 2 picks on my office's suicide fantasy golf league sucked royally - Allenby and Verplank. We actually were going to pick Scott - but these other 2 guys were complaining we weren't letting them have enough say in the picks - so they substituted Verplank for Scott...Grreat tradeoff.

Daly barely made the cut after the second round. I dont know what happened on his final round...maybe he just gave up. I cant believe Tiger didnt do better, thought this might be his tourney. And Mickelson really blew it...he had his chances but missed one to many putts. But this Scott kid looks pretty good...might be Tigers next contender to the throne if he keeps it up!

i am awaiting the good weather to hit MA and then I will be out there 3 putting and such but it's a great game....I just wish I had more time to play.

I can relate to both points. I was planning on trying the range today...supposed to get close to 60 degrees. But if the wind kicks up, forget about it. I really do need to move...Hawii sounds nice! thumbsup2.gif

as far as CGC books go...I should be getting my very first batch back in a couple of weeks! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (hopeful, yonder grading gurus were kind to me!) 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Im in Western MA...Ive played East Mountain, Westover, Agawam, Franconia and a couple other places in NY and NV.

I play 3 or 4 times a month, and can just about play year round down here in Orlando. I actually took a couple of hours of lessons last week, and on Sunday I tied my lowest round in two years 893applaud-thumb.gif

With that being said......my handicap is still pretty ugly, but hey I am getting better 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifhi.gifhi.gif

my handicap is still pretty ugly, but hey I am getting better

same here! thats why I say I dont play golf, PROS play golf...I hit a little white ball that sometimes goes where I want it to! 893frustrated.gif I love to bowl to, but find that golf is much more frustrating then bowling... i guess because I wont lose the ball in bowling!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I was in Alabama for a few months and got a chance to play some of the nicest courses I have in one place. Living here in California, we have some nice courses but it's a different world in the South.

I was in Alabama for a few months and got a chance to play some of the nicest courses I have in one place. Living here in California, we have some nice courses but it's a different world in the South.

Which courses did you play? I think Golf Digest ranked the Mobile/Baldwin County area in the top ten for value. The Robert Trent Jones golf trail was ranked as one of the best values in golf worldwide. From what I hear, Japanese business men will fly to Alabama and play the entire trail within a week and still come out cheaper than if they played in Japan with land being such a premium there.

Living in this area, I can attest to the conditions of the courses. This area has world class architects designing courses and the prices are outstanding compared to other regions. Even the upscale courses are priced close to municipal fees.

As far as concentration of golf courses, the Florida panhandle is loaded. It doesn't compare to Myrtle Beach, but the quality and quantity is abundant.