• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad experience with an artist - what would you do.

60 posts in this topic

It would be interesting to compile a list of artists that have been chronically less than prompt in turning-around commissions...it would be most helpful to the community!

This "problem" has been present for years. I don't collect commissions, but I find it so amusing that we protect these artists out of that pure fan-boy spirit and idol-worshipping. I'd like to see someone have the guts to post a top ten list of artists never to give your money to. Let's hear it.

Maybe then the other artists will all take notice for fear of being similarly blacklisted.

Hari

It would be interesting to compile a list of artists that have been chronically less than prompt in turning-around commissions...it would be most helpful to the community!

This "problem" has been present for years. I don't collect commissions, but I find it so amusing that we protect these artists out of that pure fan-boy spirit and idol-worshipping. I'd like to see someone have the guts to post a top ten list of artists never to give your money to. Let's hear it.

Maybe then the other artists will all take notice for fear of being similarly blacklisted.

Hari

There are two that standout just from past postings. Both of which provided less than, shall I say, stellar examples of english in one case and, pre-empting, a spoon in the other.

Edwin

I have yet to be "screwed". Longest wait so far was 8 months on a two week quote, so I've been lucky.

Only people I paid in full in advance was Charles Wilson III (took about a month) and a David Petersen take home commission (took about a month)

I have yet to be "screwed". Longest wait so far was 8 months on a two week quote, so I've been lucky.

Only people I paid in full in advance was Charles Wilson III (took about a month) and a David Petersen take home commission (took about a month)

Peterson does wonderful commissions and gives you amazing work at a very reasonable price (thumbs u

Why do people give strangers so much money before receiving their art work?

This is no different than giving a contractor thousands up front to never see them again.

In my case with Joe Rubinstein who didn't call me back since my thread BTW I acted like a fool by paying all and more than asked but when you think I grew up with love for Starlin and Byrne and therefore for their best inkers as well How could I simply imagine to get screwed by someone I had so much respect for ...like a fan ...???

It would never have crossed my mind even after waiting the first two years but it started when some friends told me their trouble with him or when I learned he would offer to do commission work like every day to everyone ...

In fact when you act like a fan you just forget the artist is a stranger to you and much believe you know him well...which obviously you don't !!!

I recently saw the SS#1 watercolor he offered to me in a friend's CAF, just posted ..and guys the more I think of this artist the more angry I feel ........

And Chris !!! 2006 and you're still willing the art ??!!! I admire you !!!!! (thumbs u

One lazy to never send your money to is Jack Kirby.

In 2004 I sent that s.o.b. a few hundred dollars (money order) by mail directly to his house in California, USA (that's in America).

I was supposed to be receiving two large Machine Man drawings, and that s.o.b. Kirby just stole my money, and never sent me anything! :frustrated:

Don't trust Jack Kirby!

Just a heads up for everyone.

In 2004 I sent that s.o.b. a few hundred dollars (money order) by mail directly to his house in California, USA (that's in America).

I was supposed to be receiving two large Machine Man drawings, and that s.o.b. Kirby just stole my money, and never sent me anything! :frustrated:

Don't trust Jack Kirby!

Really?

Don't trust Jack Kirby!

Really?

seeing as how he died in 1994 not 2004, it's not even good satire. (shrug)

Don't trust Jack Kirby!

Really?

seeing as how he died in 1994 not 2004, it's not even good satire. (shrug)

not so sure it would've been either way