• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics in the guide are undervalued?

103 posts in this topic

There are many comics in Overstreet that are undervalued. There are so many but I will present three. In my opinion, Ace comics 11 is the most undervalued. This should be a $10,000 dollar book in mint. I mean the first appearance of The Phantom? The Phantom worldwide is just as popular as Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another one is Negro Romance 1-4. But especially 4. This whole series is very hard to come by and that is probably Matt Baker as he drew himself on issue 4. My third book is Little dot 6, the first Richie Rich cover. Richie Rich was the most popular Harvey character of all time with some 50 different titles. I think this book commands a little more respect and again it is hard to find. So you tell me what do you think needs a price increase.

Little Dot 6 true but given that the highest graded copy (last I checked) is a 5.5 makes it tough. There have to be file copies out there that just haven't been submitted but either way it is undervalued. I think I sold the 5.5 two years ago for around $1000.

Ed

Whiz 1

Archie 1

Large Features in decent grade

I was under the impression that Whiz 1 was one of those major GA keys that often had trouble selling for guide? Or do you mean it should be higher in guide and the market should give it more respect?

More Fun Comics 31. It has a full page ad for Action 1 on the inside cover, dated May, 1938. The first appearance of Superman in comics.
Is there any data that shows that any comic book with an ad for anything within enhances the value of it?

I've got the May, 1938 Detective Comics and the December, 1937 More Fun Comics (ad for DC#1). I'm just not convinced this is a reason to juice up the market value of a comic. I view it as seller hyperbole.

Another one is Negro Romance 1-4. But especially 4. This whole series is very hard to come by and that is probably Matt Baker as he drew himself on issue 4.

I agree about Negro Romance in general. One caveat about issue #4, though, is that it is simply a reprint of issue #2 (or so the guide says). Also, its title is Negro Romances, and has a different publisher.

No secret , but of course all the Actions and Detectives early books.

For example Tec 36 and Tec 37 are not even on the top 100 but both those books are some of the most valuable (well within the real 100 most valuable)

For example All-American Comics #17 and #18 are both within the top 100.

It cost me more than double 2X+ to attain a Detective 36 CGC 3.5 (lower grade) than it it did to attain an All-American #17 CGC 4.5 (higher grade)

Most if not all pre-1960 books, needless to say.

fixed...and I agree (thumbs u