• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading/pressing question...

10 posts in this topic

I have a comic book CGC graded (in the old style holder). I called to get the grader's notes and they stated non-color breaking creases. Does this mean this book would benefit from pressing? I am sorry if this question sounds 'vague,' however, I am somewhat of a 'newbie' when it comes to comic book grading...

I thank you for your help...

Not all creases are created equal, so it potentially might benefit from a pressing, however, without a picture and an assessment by those that perform the task, it's hard to say definitively.

Not all creases are created equal, so it potentially might benefit from a pressing, however, without a picture and an assessment by those that perform the task, it's hard to say definitively.

Lets see a scan.

I thank you all for the advice. I may just send the comic to Matt Nelson (?) for his opinion. The only issue I see is the fact that when I got the grader's notes on this comic; they stated nothing about the minor corner damage on this book. Now granted this is a square bound book in an OLD style CGC holder, so that may be why. However, I am hoping for a grade bump, otherwise there is no point in getting this comic pressed...

I appreciate the advice, however the page quality of the book in question has off-white pages. I am worried that if I resubmit, or press and resubmit in this case, the page quality may get worse.

Is this possible? I hate books with cream pages...

If it was graded more than 4 or 5 years ago, it stands a good chance at actually upgrading.

The criteria seems to have changed a bit.