• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round.

375 posts in this topic

Ooh, I hadn't noticed your sig image until tonight.

Sig22010.jpg

Woohoo! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this forum every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, your name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

Sig22010.jpg

Woohoo! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this forum every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, your name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

Feel free to place it in your sig line. (worship)

Current Prize List:

If you have a scan of your prize- feel free to add it into the list. If anyone else has donated but you don't see it on the list, put a bug in my ear and I'll post it.

1. Space Adventures #13 CGC 7.0 OW-W Charlton Comics 1954. (NA)

2. X-Men #205 CGC 9.6 White Pages. Barry Windsor Smith Art- First Lady Deathstrike. (NA)

3. Platinum Series ‘Blade Trinity’ 2 DVD set and ‘Ultimate Avengers’ Animated movie DVD. (NA)

4. Defenders #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W (NA)

5. 5 low to mid grade Marvel Treasuries (Etanick)

6. 5 low to mid grade DC Treasuries (Etanick)

7. Uncle Scrooge #48 Raw Fn/VF 7.0 (AJD)

8. 6 Dave Stevens Cover Comics (Shark)

9. Iron Man 2 for XBOX 360 NIB (SolitaireOne)

10. Daredevil 231 CGC 9.6 White Frank Miller (one of my all time favorite Miller issues) (Ark)

11. The Uncanny Dave Cockrum - HC limited edition (1000 copies) from Aardwolf Publishing (DrewinCanada)

12. Amazing Spider-man Civil War CGC 9.8 White (trmoore54)

Thanks to all who have donated so far....great prizes. (worship)

Sig22010.jpg

lol

He hates those cans!

Current Prize List:

If you have a scan of your prize- feel free to add it into the list. If anyone else has donated but you don't see it on the list, put a bug in my ear and I'll post it.

1. Space Adventures #13 CGC 7.0 OW-W Charlton Comics 1954. (NA)

2. X-Men #205 CGC 9.6 White Pages. Barry Windsor Smith Art- First Lady Deathstrike. (NA)

3. Platinum Series ‘Blade Trinity’ 2 DVD set and ‘Ultimate Avengers’ Animated movie DVD. (NA)

4. Defenders #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W (NA)

5. 5 low to mid grade Marvel Treasuries (Etanick)

6. 5 low to mid grade DC Treasuries (Etanick)

7. Uncle Scrooge #48 Raw Fn/VF 7.0 (AJD)

8. 6 Dave Stevens Cover Comics (Shark)

9. Iron Man 2 for XBOX 360 NIB (SolitaireOne)

10. Daredevil 231 CGC 9.6 White Frank Miller (one of my all time favorite Miller issues) (Ark)

11. The Uncanny Dave Cockrum - HC limited edition (1000 copies) from Aardwolf Publishing (DrewinCanada)

12. Amazing Spider-man Civil War CGC 9.8 White (trmoore54)

Thanks to all who have donated so far....great prizes. (worship)

I will find something to add to the prize pool tonight :)

:news: ANSWER KEY :news:

9.4 Defenders #81 White

8.5 Fantastic Four #66 White

9.0 Giant- Size Creatures #1 OW-W

8.5 Iron Man #2 OW

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

7.5 Marvel Premiere #23 OW-W

7.0 Tales of Suspense #66 OW-W

9.0 Tales of Suspense #99 Cr-OW

8.5 Thor #165 OW-W

9.4 Thor #166 OW-W

I'll finalize the data entry today and post the rankings. Don't fret about the Marvel Premiere 23. No one scored on it.

9.4 Defenders #81 White

8.5 Iron Man #2 OW

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

8.5 Thor #165 OW-W

9.4 Thor #166 OW-W

I'll finalize the data entry today and post the rankings. Don't fret about the Marvel Premiere 23. No one scored on it.

Ya know, apart from a couple of comically bad guesses (MP#23, ToS#99) I did a lot better than I thought I would :)

9.4 Defenders #81 White

8.5 Iron Man #2 OW

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

8.5 Thor #165 OW-W

9.4 Thor #166 OW-W

Ya know, apart from a couple of comically bad guesses (MP#23, ToS#99) I did a lot better than I thought I would :)

Pink dot.... :fear: I like how it turned out.

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

9.4 even with the big blunted ULC? Wow!

hm I thought CGC didn't knock a book down that bad for ink overspray? That Marvel Premiere #23 looks pretty damned good otherwise. (shrug)

Also, I knew they knocked the grade down for it somewhat, but did that TOS #66 get knocked down mainly for the tan line on the back cover? Or is that a short tear at the top left corner of the front cover like I suspected it was but didn't knock the grade down for that because I wasn't sure?

9.4 Defenders #81 White

8.5 Iron Man #2 OW

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

8.5 Thor #165 OW-W

9.4 Thor #166 OW-W

Pink dot.... :fear: I like how it turned out.

I thought the Marvel Premiere was high grade in spite of the overspray and small smudge on the back cover, and I thought the ToS#99 had rusty staples and decided to hammer the grade for that.