• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round.

375 posts in this topic

Oh, I also see now a big error I made. I copied and pasted the list into a PM and then just graded the books in order of their posting scans, going down the list and adding my grades. I now see the order is not the same as the list. I wonder if I did this drunk?

doh!

Oh, I also see now a big error I made. I copied and pasted the list into a PM and then just graded the books in order of their posting scans, going down the list and adding my grades. I now see the order is not the same as the list. I wonder if I did this drunk?

doh!

I thought about that when he posted the scans. The TOS and Thor scans were out of order as compared to the main list of books. I was sure someone would not see that and get them mixed up.

question: if you guess 9.0 and the book was 9.4 is that still within .5 or is each increment above 9.0 = .5?

depending on how it is my scores are either

5 loss

20 wins

or

3 loss

24 win

or

I could be totally way off and screwed up my scoring completely lol.

------------------------------------

my guesses

Defenders #81 White = 9.2

Fantastic Four #66 White = 8.5

Giant- Size Creatures #1 OW-W = 9.0

Iron Man #2 OW = 8.5

Iron Man #69 OW = 9.0

Marvel Premiere #23 OW-W = 9.2

Tales of Suspense #66 OW-W = 7.0

Tales of Suspense #99 Cr-OW = 8.0

Thor #165 OW-W = 8.5

Thor #166 OW-W = 9.0

final outcome

9.4 Defenders #81 White

8.5 Fantastic Four #66 White

9.0 Giant- Size Creatures #1 OW-W

8.5 Iron Man #2 OW

9.4 Iron Man #69 OW

7.5 Marvel Premiere #23 OW-W

7.0 Tales of Suspense #66 OW-W

9.0 Tales of Suspense #99 Cr-OW

8.5 Thor #165 OW-W

9.4 Thor #166 OW-W

------------------------------------

Wow, I think I grade too hard. From now on, I will think of my grade and then bump it up 2 spots. Yeah, that should do it. hm

Its true lol

This year I bumped all my grades and think I did ok.

Looks like I did a bit better than I hoped. 17-6 if I did my math correctly...

What was the deal with the MP #23? I thought it looked quite nice except for the excessive distributor ink overspray. However, I also thought overspray wasn't considered a detractor in CGC grading...

Looks like we are going to have a full field this year, so in order to allow for a wider diversity of team records which are more reflective of grading accuracy, the original scoring post has been modified as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1 = 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Someone explain the bonus to me. Is it cumulative? Does it mean:

A) 5 bullseyes = 1 (for the third) + 2 (for the fourth) + 3 (for the fifth) = 6 bonus wins

or

B) 5 bullseyes = 3 bonus wins

(shrug)

What was the deal with the MP #23? I thought it looked quite nice except for the excessive distributor ink overspray. However, I also thought overspray wasn't considered a detractor in CGC grading...

I gave the MP 23 a stunning 9.8 doh!

Looks like we are going to have a full field this year, so in order to allow for a wider diversity of team records which are more reflective of grading accuracy, the original scoring post has been modified as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1 = 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Someone explain the bonus to me. Is it cumulative? Does it mean:

A) 5 bullseyes = 1 (for the third) + 2 (for the fourth) + 3 (for the fifth) = 6 bonus wins

or

B) 5 bullseyes = 3 bonus wins

(shrug)

I assumed it was cumulative (option A). But I suppose it could be open to interpretation...

I gave it a 9.6, I thought it looked nice despite the overspray.

I gave it a 9.6, I thought it looked nice despite the overspray.

Yeah, I went with a 9.6 as well. Sounds like no-one was close... However, I like to learn from my mistakes, so I'm curious as to how the grade was achieved.