• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round.

375 posts in this topic

Looks like we are going to have a full field this year, so in order to allow for a wider diversity of team records which are more reflective of grading accuracy, the original scoring post has been modified as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1 = 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Someone explain the bonus to me. Is it cumulative? Does it mean:

A) 5 bullseyes = 1 (for the third) + 2 (for the fourth) + 3 (for the fifth) = 6 bonus wins

or

B) 5 bullseyes = 3 bonus wins

(shrug)

I assumed it was cumulative (option A). But I suppose it could be open to interpretation...

Sounds correct to me. (thumbs u

Scoring question above 9.0:

Rules say 1 loss if not within 0.5 and 2 losses if not within 1

If I guessed a 9.2 and the book was actually a 9.4, I was off by 0.2. So what is my score for this book?

Am I +2 because I am within 0.5?

If I guessed a 9.2 and the book was actually a 9.4, I was off by 0.2. So what is my score for this book?

2 wins, right? Because it's within 0.5.

What I'm not clear on is does 0.5 become 0.2 once we're over 9.0? If someone guesses 9.0 on a 9.4, do they get:

A) 1 loss for being 'not within 0.5' in the sense that they are two grade steps off, and 0.5 means one grade step.

or

B) 2 wins for being within 0.5 i.e. 8.9 to 9.9

I assumed it was A)

What I'm not clear on is does 0.5 become 0.2 once we're over 9.0? If someone guesses 9.0 on a 9.4, do they get:

A) 1 loss for being 'not within 0.5' in the sense that they are two grade steps off, and 0.5 means one grade step.

or

I assumed it was A)

I assumed A) as well.

9-7 record...yowza lowest seed possible.

I went with a 9.6 with the Marvel Premier also...must be some hidden flaws and I bet no one got that right.

You think that's bad??!

I went 8-10.

I literally spent 5 minutes on this - 30 seconds per book. Not too smart.

9-7 record...yowza lowest seed possible.

I went with a 9.6 with the Marvel Premier also...must be some hidden flaws and I bet no one got that right.

You think that's bad??!

I went 8-10.

I spent about the same amount of time since it wasn't elimination round but man oh man, the Marvel Premier and the TOS killed me.

or

I assumed it was A)

Sounds like B is correct according to veteran player JazzMan. The 0.5 does not scale down to 0.2 above 9.0, so a 9.0 guess on a 9.4 still gets you +2 wins because you are only 0.4 off. (shrug)

I spent the same amount of time and got the same results.

I think I spent about 30 seconds

total.

:tonofbricks: