• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Mistake on Hulk 1 in OSPG! No way!!!!!!!!!!

111 posts in this topic

How do you account for this major slip in latest OSPG.

Hulk 1 is worth more in 9.2 but less in lower grade compared to ASM1?

You gotta be kidding me Mr Bob Overstreet.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

I didn't think Overstreet was relevant enough to have anything qualify as a BIG mistake. Who would buy a 9.2 Hulk or ASM 1 based on what OSPG said? It's tough to get worked up about irrelevancy.

Considering that a mid-grade ASM #1 and a mid-grade Hulk #1 sell for roughly the same amount, and are listed at pretty comparable prices in the guide, I'd say calling out the guide on this one is being a bit picky.

Considering that a mid-grade ASM #1 and a mid-grade Hulk #1 sell for roughly the same amount, and are listed at pretty comparable prices in the guide, I'd say calling out the guide on this one is being a bit picky.

Did you change your avatar from paste pot pete to now Elecktra?

Hulk 1 is a major key and as such many people refer to OSPG for reliability in pricing. The OSPG gets rushed to the printing house when completed and as a result they do a poor job of checking their errors.

I wrote to Bob Overstreet and he fixed a few errors in the following guide but with no letter of reply. PR skills need some work. They are too busy racking up the advertising revenue and clearly forgot about its readers.

Hulk 1 is a major key and as such many people refer to OSPG for reliability in pricing. The OSPG gets rushed to the printing house when completed and as a result they do a poor job of checking their errors.

I wrote to Bob Overstreet and he fixed a few errors in the following guide but with no letter of reply. PR skills need some work. They are too busy racking up the advertising revenue and clearly forgot about its readers.

I doubt they are racking up all that much....

Can I buy a Hulk 1 6.0 for $4200? Hell I would have a hard time finding a 5.0 at that price, let alone a 6.0.

it is not a mistake...it is HIS opinion....whatever that is still worth to some people today.

since the answer is no, lets toss the guide and its value in the corner and move on.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Are you talking about the 2010 price guide or 2011?

To be exact, I changed my avatar from Tony Clifton to Elecktra. PPP is still in the rotation.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

:roflmao:

I thought Overstreet just had a few formulas for how all the grades below 9.2 priced.

So it likely the applied one formula to Hulk 1 and a different one to ASM 1.

Also with the latest guide they changed which formulas they use for some books.

I thought Overstreet just had a few formulas for how all the grades below 9.2 priced.

So it likely the applied one formula to Hulk 1 and a different one to ASM 1.

Also with the latest guide they changed which formulas they use for some books.

I just wanna say u got a great run of cgc 8.0's going. But yes the formula looks different but was originally consistent with other books. OSPG has an error that needs fixing still. Etanick was right about throwing out the guide for Hulks though. Hulk is still undervalued in lower grades. $2800 should be the 2.0 price and $4200 should be the 4.0 price.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Latest = 2011