• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Mistake on Hulk 1 in OSPG! No way!!!!!!!!!!

111 posts in this topic

ANY individual book is worth only what somebody is willing to pay for it. If I bought Hulk #1- 6.0 for $3.8K, then it's only worth $3.8K to the seller.

I'd pay 3.8K for that too! :roflmao:

Well, who wouldn't? Of course it goes both ways. If I paid $7K for it, then it's worth $7K to the seller. The $ amount wasn't the point :eyeroll:

ANY individual book is worth only what somebody is willing to pay for it. If I bought Hulk #1- 6.0 for $3.8K, then it's only worth $3.8K to the seller.

Well, who wouldn't? Of course it goes both ways. If I paid $7K for it, then it's worth $7K to the seller. The $ amount wasn't the point :eyeroll:

Then what really is your point sir? (shrug)

I am so confused.

Then what really is your point sir? (shrug)

...that any individual book is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. But I thought I said that. The original post-er in this thread was confused at how Overstreet can list certain values to certain grades. Another way to say what I meant... if I had that comic, and the guide says it's worth $4.2K, but I was lucky enough to sell it for $7K (or unlucky the bidding got no higher than $3.8K), then for me it was worth $7K (or$3.8K). In summary, Overstreet isn't law. It's just a guide. I guess I should add IMHO :sorry:

Well when your "historical and highly sought after" and "huge investment potential, and awesome Avengers movie" avengers 27 ends today....

Hmmmmm. Methinks if he were selling coffee he wouldn't just advertise that his was the best coffee on the block, he'd say it was the best coffee in the universe. And it might work when it comes to coffee but I rather think this kind of puffery is counter productive when it comes to collectibles. Quite simply, potential buyers rarely stumble upon Avengers 27 listings by accident. In almost every case they're collectors looking for precisely that book. And I'm guessing that the majority of collectors associate puffery of this sort with scam artists.

(shrug)

i think actually, in this case, were he selling coffee it would be Folgers instant in a plain jar, advertised as "hand-ground Nicaraguan, picked by virgins and roasted by the fire of sun-dried hardwoods"

Of course. Sort of like that "fair trade" coffee meaning we want an excuse to charge more for the same product."Organic" is another word used in the same way.

;)