• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Mistake on Hulk 1 in OSPG! No way!!!!!!!!!!

111 posts in this topic

WTF is this. I bought the book as a raw book and sold it as a raw book. I didn't do any restoration job and I didn't know if it was even restored so backoff.

Ok, with the help of Twistty we have put a few pieces together. I actually met this guy, through Roy, at WWC a year or two ago and saw the Avengers 1 in question. I took one look at it and said, TO HIS FACE, that the book was obviously restored. He replied that he would sell it on eBay anyway.

This guy came across as a grade-A tool and I am more than happy to call him out as a scammer. He knew it was restored, sold it as unrestored, and then lied about it. He belongs on the probation list for it.

I knew I recognized that book from somewhere. The horrid resto job along the spine definitely stuck in my mind. doh!

October is one of my favorite board sellers and Twisty and I have exchanged PMs on and off for years. I believe their observations 100%. All we need now is Roy to chime in.

Huh? and i scammed u on 100 copies of af15's cgc 9.8s. I never ever met u and nor did I meet you when i bought and sold this raw av#1. I am 1000% definetly not a scammer. Have a nice day.

Are you calling october a liar?

Apparently. Because, you know, I had SO many reasons to interject myself into the discussion and lie about facts related to a transaction between board members I barely know. :eyeroll:

I will stand on my reputation here, and he can stand on...well...whatever he might have.

Even though he is local to me I have already told SAGAT via PM a few months ago that I won't deal with him anymore.

I was actually contacted by SAGAT to clarify this post of mine.

SAGAT told me initially that he wouldn't deal with me because it took me longer than half a day to answer a PM question from him.

It was at that point that I decided I wouldnt deal with him any longer and broke off my communications with him by explaining how he was not a nice person and then deleting the PMs. That's my recollection of it.

Sorry about the mix-up.

:eyeroll:

Even though he is local to me I have already told SAGAT via PM a few months ago that I won't deal with him anymore.

I was actually contacted by SAGAT to clarify this post of mine.

SAGAT told me initially that he wouldn't deal with me because it took me longer than half a day to answer a PM question from him.

It was at that point that I decided I wouldnt deal with him any longer and broke off my communications with him by explaining how he was not a nice person and then deleting the PMs. That's my recollection of it.

Sorry about the mix-up.

:eyeroll:

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T ROY - you took longer than half a day to answer an e-mail? You should be shot. Doesn't everyone know that if you sell comics you are not allowed to:

1 - Take a dump, EVER

2 - Drive a car

3 - Spend time with the rugrats

4 - Go on vacation

5 - Have sex

6 - Masturbate (5 and 6 are interchangeable)

etc., etc.

Please do not respond to this today - I too wish to feel jilted. doh!

WTF is this. I bought the book as a raw book and sold it as a raw book. I didn't do any restoration job and I didn't know if it was even restored so backoff.

Ok, with the help of Twistty we have put a few pieces together. I actually met this guy, through Roy, at WWC a year or two ago and saw the Avengers 1 in question. I took one look at it and said, TO HIS FACE, that the book was obviously restored. He replied that he would sell it on eBay anyway.

This guy came across as a grade-A tool and I am more than happy to call him out as a scammer. He knew it was restored, sold it as unrestored, and then lied about it. He belongs on the probation list for it.

I knew I recognized that book from somewhere. The horrid resto job along the spine definitely stuck in my mind. doh!

October is one of my favorite board sellers and Twisty and I have exchanged PMs on and off for years. I believe their observations 100%. All we need now is Roy to chime in.

Huh? and i scammed u on 100 copies of af15's cgc 9.8s. I never ever met u and nor did I meet you when i bought and sold this raw av#1. I am 1000% definetly not a scammer. Have a nice day.

Then prove it... As it stands now the evidence points to the contrary.

I never indicated on the original post it was unrestored and sold as is, the book was raw. I bought and sold it raw. The book was never cgc'ed, Imagine 3 years later, I gave money to settle this supposed dispute when I didn't have to give a penny. Not to mention the fact I was threatened.How does that make me a scammer. The settlement was to give closure as promised by Twistty and was agreed to lay this case to rest and first minute later I see this nonsense on the boards about me being a scammer. Anyhow I am out money and gettin a bad rep which is undeserving. I got 978 feedback at 100% so that makes me a scammer, I don't think so. Anyhow I don't wanna hear anymore negativity and nonsense. Tiger Uppercut!

I never indicated on the original post it was unrestored and sold as is, the book was raw. I bought and sold it raw.

You owned and sold it raw, knowing that it was restored but without disclosing such fact, based on what October told you after he examined the book in person.

I never indicated on the original post it was unrestored and sold as is, the book was raw. I bought and sold it raw. The book was never cgc'ed, Imagine 3 years later, I gave money to settle this supposed dispute when I didn't have to give a penny. Not to mention the fact I was threatened.How does that make me a scammer. The settlement was to give closure as promised by Twistty and was agreed to lay this case to rest and first minute later I see this nonsense on the boards about me being a scammer. Anyhow I am out money and gettin a bad rep which is undeserving. I got 978 feedback at 100% so that makes me a scammer, I don't think so. Anyhow I don't wanna hear anymore negativity and nonsense. Tiger Uppercut!

Earlier in this thread there was a discussion on semantics. Your post seems now to be Exhibit A. tth2 laid on some boldface to further solidify what amounts to the testimony of october.

On to matters of freewill, I cherish the fact that you didn't have to give a penny. :cloud9: I hear you also help the common folk pay their bills in hard times. You, sir, are an honor to the boards. All hail SAGAT. Geez, Louise. Are there not more evident self-truths? :shrug:

Additionally, you imply/lament that because you were threatened that that somehow makes you a scammer. I'd just like to say on behalf of the Common Sense and/or Logic Association, that you have given a splendid example of a non-sequitur. Once you pay for your shipping and the PayPal fees, your plaque is on its way.

You say you don't want to hear anymore negativity and nonsense. You might not want to hear what appears to be the naked truth, but a community has spoken. Sometimes speaking against the majority has merit. In this case, you're blowin' in the wind, butt naked, without a case, and playing the fool big-time. Time to lay low for a while and then emerge in a few months with another WTB thread.

. Anyhow I don't wanna hear anymore negativity and nonsense.

That's just too bad because you're going to. You are currently on the probation list, along with your ebay user id. If I would have had my way, you would be in the HOS.

. Anyhow I don't wanna hear anymore negativity and nonsense.

That's just too bad because you're going to. You are currently on the probation list, along with your ebay user id. If I would have had my way, you would be in the HOS.

Amen to that statement. (thumbs u

Granted, it takes awhile for a new boardie to get adjusted here--I believe few realize exactly the level of sophisticated collector (aka uber-geek) who hangs out here.

Oh, is that what you call them? I ran into a few when I joined this forum and I have entirely different names for those fellows. Oh well. Different strokes for different folks I guess....

:whistle:

Frank you just don't seem to get it. First I'll say this yes you did give money that you "did not have to" and said you felt bad. This alone is pointing to guilt. Secondly it has come to light with new evidence that you did in fact know that the book was restored and by your own admittance said that you did not list the book as such. Therefore not disclosing all you knew about the book during the transaction, even when asked by myself if it was indeed restored.

Then when confronted with this you claim to not have known. Which is it? Either way your in the wrong. Our settlement of an additional 400 dollars was agreed upon under certain circumstances that now appear to be incorrect as you purposely mislead me to believe that you truely did not know. The way I see it that nullifies our agreement and you owe me the remainder of the transaction value.

I believe the book was sold to me for almost 1300, please corrrect me if I'm wrong. I then sold the book for 487, and subsequently was paid 400 dollars by you at your own will. That still leaves 413 dollars unaccounted for and that's not considering time and money spent trying to retrieve these funds. I think in order for this matter to be permanently settled and for your good name to be restored on these boards as well as eBay you need to pay the remaining funds owed in this transaction.

The only negativity thus far has been from you in your lies and deceit and overall dishonesty towards the boards. You continually make low ball insulting wtb threads in order to profit from someone else's misfortune and loss, and that's what really annoys me. The only thing of interest to you is money and everything else is secondary.

Have you ever offered a book to someone because you knew they needed it for their collection or run? Have you ever sold a book at the price you paid for it? Have you ever donated to charity sales thread? These aren't required by any means but these are what real members of the cgc community do in order to make this hobby more enjoyable for everyone not just yourself.

What Miffybunny sells aren't mere keys - they are all:

SUPER KEY ISSUE! NOT MANY LEFT IN THE WORLD!

VERY HIGH DEMAND & VERY LOW SUPPLY

THIS IS ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE MOST SOUGHT AFTER HISTORICAL MARVEL COMICS!

EXTREMELY UNDERVALUED FOR A [insert number here]+ YEAR OLD BOOK.

(tsk)

For whatever reason puffery of that sort on Ebay always rubs me the wrong way. To me it's indicative of a scam artist. Yet a sign that says best coffee on the block doesn't bother me.

But then again the puffery must work on some buyers or there wouldn't be so many sellers doing it. In fact, what do I know anyway? I'm not in retail and I learned long ago that my preferences/reactions are not typical of the mass market's.

(shrug)

What Miffybunny sells aren't mere keys - they are all:

SUPER KEY ISSUE! NOT MANY LEFT IN THE WORLD!

VERY HIGH DEMAND & VERY LOW SUPPLY

THIS IS ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE MOST SOUGHT AFTER HISTORICAL MARVEL COMICS!

EXTREMELY UNDERVALUED FOR A [insert number here]+ YEAR OLD BOOK.

(tsk)

For whatever reason puffery of that sort on Ebay always rubs me the wrong way. To me it's indicative of a scam artist. Yet a sign that says best coffee on the block doesn't bother me.

But then again the puffery must work on some buyers or there wouldn't be so many sellers doing it. In fact, what do I know anyway? I'm not in retail and I learned long ago that my preferences/reactions are not typical of the mass market's.

(shrug)

Ditto, advertising is a bad industry, it encourages deceit. For me it's easier and less stressful to change the station, or move onto the next item, when what you are seeing is puffery and exaggerations. I expect that in reading about a reprint of AF 15 for sale, those are jokes to read for fun. But for a serious item like most comics seen here, I want to see as much substance about condition as possible.

I love reading Tom's descriptions of books, he tells you what you can imagine seeing if the book was in your hands. I appreciate those descriptions, those are the opposite of the other kind of advertising. Regards,

Well when your "historical and highly sought after" and "huge investment potential, and awesome Avengers movie" avengers 27 ends today you should have close to "800-1500" in estimated auction money to send this way... Better yet just donate the money to Nik's charity sale thread. (thumbs u

Well when your "historical and highly sought after" and "huge investment potential, and awesome Avengers movie" avengers 27 ends today....

Hmmmmm. Methinks if he were selling coffee he wouldn't just advertise that his was the best coffee on the block, he'd say it was the best coffee in the universe. And it might work when it comes to coffee but I rather think this kind of puffery is counter productive when it comes to collectibles. Quite simply, potential buyers rarely stumble upon Avengers 27 listings by accident. In almost every case they're collectors looking for precisely that book. And I'm guessing that the majority of collectors associate puffery of this sort with scam artists.

(shrug)

ANY individual book is worth only what somebody is willing to pay for it. If I bought Hulk #1- 6.0 for $3.8K, then it's only worth $3.8K to the seller.

I'd pay 3.8K for that too! :roflmao: