• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Mistake on Hulk 1 in OSPG! No way!!!!!!!!!!

111 posts in this topic

I read the name of this thread from the main page and w/o looking I said to myself: "That SAGAT guy made this thread"

Yeah I'm easy to spot for my controversial and often overlooked topics.

How do you account for this major slip in latest OSPG.

Hulk 1 is worth more in 9.2 but less in lower grade compared to ASM1?

You gotta be kidding me Mr Bob Overstreet.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Are you talking about the 2010 price guide or 2011?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

:roflmao:

Just wanted to thank Sagat for finally paying me back(partially) for the restored Avengers 1 he sold me a couple years ago as a "I don't think it's restored book" after I saw him in the gym and asked him to pay up. lol thanks debt finally settled.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

Just wanted to thank Sagat for finally paying me back(partially) for the restored Avengers 1 he sold me a couple years ago as a "I don't think it's restored book" after I cornered him in the gym and wouldn't let him leave until he paid up. lol thanks debt finally settled.

:whatthe:

:hail:

Different spreads make sense to me if a particular book (i.e. Hulk 1) is (more) rare "in high grade."

Same thing holds for Bronze books, where Marvel Spotlight # 2 or Hero For Hire # 1 are downright common below VF, but above 9.2 rare enough that their (comparative) value skyrockets.

Census shows 13 copies of Hulk 1 in 9.0 or above, vs. 29 copies of ASM 1 in 9.0 or above.

So, more than twice as rare as ASM 1. Now, census also shows 499 slabbed copies of Hulk 1 total vs. 1302 of ASM, but I'd wager ASM is easily more than 2.6x as popular as Hulk, so the greater demand and price in lower grades even for the more common book makes sense to me.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Just wanted to thank Sagat for finally paying me back(partially) for the restored Avengers 1 he sold me a couple years ago as a "I don't think it's restored book" after I cornered him in the gym and wouldn't let him leave until he paid up. lol thanks debt finally settled.

Did you get interest?

Since when does one use OSPG for big keys anyway?By the time the guide comes out it's already a year behind the curve. (shrug)

It is a great guide to go with when buying keys from people that do not take the time to look at prices on the net. (thumbs u

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Did you get interest?

No interest unfortunately, but the satisfaction from the look on his face when he saw me was more more than enough interest for me. I had been waiting for two years to get my money back, just unfortunate that it had to come to that. Now that's "geek karma". :banana:

here's the link, maybe I should make another thread about this... hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2671050&fpart=1

It`s funny reading the thread you linked to, and all the discussion of lawyer`s letters. Sometimes direct physical threats are still the most effective way of getting things done! :applause:

It`s funny reading the thread you linked to, and all the discussion of lawyer`s letters. Sometimes direct physical threats are still the most effective way of getting things done! :applause:

Yes unfortunately this geek was extremely angry at being ripped off. Already put the funds towards another book. Slabbed of course. :headbang:

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Hell Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Did you get interest?

No interest unfortunately, but the satisfaction from the look of terror on his face was more more than enough interest for me. I had been waiting for two years to get my money back, just unfortunate that it had to come to that. Now that's "geek karma". :banana:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2671050&fpart=1

Priceless. Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll make it a point never to deal with him in the future. At least you did get some of your dough back. (thumbs u

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Did you get interest?

No interest unfortunately, but the satisfaction from the look of terror on his face was more more than enough interest for me. I had been waiting for two years to get my money back, just unfortunate that it had to come to that. Now that's "geek karma". :banana:

Priceless. Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll make it a point never to deal with him in the future. At least you did get some of your dough back. (thumbs u

My pleasure. Thanks for the support guys.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

I'd love to hear more details on how he reacted when you cornered him. Why a partial refund and not it all minus what you sold it for?

What a douchenozzle.

Happy for you (thumbs u

Good thing you got this settled and thank you for warning us about Sagat.

Thanks Alan. I don't think I really needed to warn you guys though as his actions on the boards seem to speak volumes. BTW hope your taking good care of my old TOS 39, I saw it online.

Happy for you (thumbs u

Good thing you got this settled and thank you for warning us about Sagat.

Thanks Alan. I don't think I really needed to warn you guys though as his actions on the boards seem to speak volumes. BTW hope your taking good care of my old TOS 39, I saw it online.

(thumbs u Oh, I was on to him from day #1 ... as I'm sure were a lot of others, I remember his selling threads where he complained nobody was buying anything from him.

And his WTB threads are insulting to people who knew market value of the keys he wants to purchase.

Your TOS #39 is in good hands...and that's where it'll stay :whee:

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Latest = 2011

I believe the 2011 guide will be out in July of this year, so he must mean 2010, which is already almost a year old (shrug)

Last time I looked - Hulk 1 in that HG condition is pretty rare.

hm

It dosn't make sense that is shouldn't hulk 1 in lower grades be worth more comparitively?

nope... value or price is based on supply + demand...

there is less demand in lower grades for hulk, relative to both supply and compared to high grade copies which are almost non existant (lots of high grade spideys , even with great demand), and therefore prices in lower grades are less...now, compare to spidey 1, where there is surely more lower grade supply than hulk 1, but there is still way more demand, thus, a higher "value" , even in lower grade, than comparably graded hulks 1's...