• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Mistake on Hulk 1 in OSPG! No way!!!!!!!!!!

111 posts in this topic

How do you account for this major slip in latest OSPG.

Hulk 1 is worth more in 9.2 but less in lower grade compared to ASM1?

You gotta be kidding me Mr Bob Overstreet.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Are you talking about the 2010 price guide or 2011?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

:roflmao:

Just wanted to thank Sagat for finally paying me back(partially) for the restored Avengers 1 he sold me a couple years ago as a "I don't think it's restored book" after I cornered him in the gym and wouldn't let him leave until he paid up. lol thanks debt finally settled.

:applause: I love it!

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

oh, i'm sure SAGAT gets an advance copy of OSPG directly from Bob asking for his input on pricing, which cover to choose and how to avoid looking like a tool in WTB threads

Just wanted to thank Sagat for finally paying me back(partially) for the restored Avengers 1 he sold me a couple years ago as a "I don't think it's restored book" after I cornered him in the gym and wouldn't let him leave until he paid up. lol thanks debt finally settled.

Thoughts? Discuss..

:popcorn:

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Discuss..

WTF is this. I bought the book as a raw book and sold it as a raw book. I didn't do any restoration job and I didn't know if it was even restored so backoff. It didn't have a cgc green or purple label. I was not cornered and all that b.s I gave settlement money cause I was threatened. I didn't need to give a penny and could have pressed harassment charges. There was no look on my face suggesting fear etc My feedback is flawless and I have been an honourary board member. As for the bills try taking a cgc book to pay your hydro bill. I offer FMV on specific books. As for Chromium, he's ticked off cause I outbid him on an AF15 cgc book. None of that I was on to him from day 1 b.s. This was btw Twistty and I and never should have been mentioned on the boards- as he agreed on a settlement and case closed. I have only sold cgc books thereafter to avoid this b.s and have never had probs with anyone. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Discuss..

WTF is this. I bought the book as a raw book and sold it as a raw book. I didn't do any restoration job and I didn't know if it was even restored so backoff. It didn't have a cgc green or purple label. I was not cornered and all that b.s I gave settlement money cause I was threatened. I didn't need to give a penny and could have pressed harassment charges. There was no look on my face suggesting fear etc My feedback is flawless and I have been an honourary board member. As for the bills try taking a cgc book to pay your hydro bill. I offer FMV on specific books. As for Chromium, he's ticked off cause I outbid him on an AF15 cgc book. None of that I was on to him from day 1 b.s. This was btw Twistty and I and never should have been mentioned on the boards- as he agreed on a settlement and case closed. I have only sold cgc books thereafter to avoid this b.s and have never had probs with anyone. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Discuss..

Just out of curiosity how does one become "an honourary board member"?

Does it involve volunteering to rid people of their high grade BA/SA books at 50% of FMV whilst saying that you're only doing this because people need help with their bills?

Pretending that you're "loosing a bundle" on your eBay sales when GPA clearly shows the opposite?

Insisting that GPA numbers from 2007 and 2008 are much more indicative of current market prices than any sales from the last 12 months?

So many selfless acts to choose from here :applause:

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Discuss..

Just out of curiosity how does one become "an honourary board member"?

Does it involve volunteering to rid people of their high grade BA/SA books at 50% of FMV whilst saying that you're only doing this because people need help with their bills?

Pretending that you're "loosing a bundle" on your eBay sales when GPA clearly shows the opposite?

Insisting that GPA numbers from 2007 and 2008 are much more indicative of current market prices than any sales from the last 12 months?

So many selfless acts to choose from here :applause:

How do I become honourary? :idea:

Hulk 1 9.2 $65K

Asm 1 9.2 $50K

Hulk 1 4.0 $2.8K

Asm 1 4.0 $3K

Hulk1 6.0 $4.2K

Asm 1 6.0 $4.5K

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Discuss..

I wasn't going to mention anything but since you went there... What happened when I asked you first if it was restored? You said "it looks good to me, I don't think it is restored" Then when I found out that it was restored I asked you to refund my money or at least the difference in price, and you said no. Then I never heard from you, you avoided my calls and never responded to my emails. I had the book for a month and realized that it was restored a week after I bought it from you and I'm no expert. If you had the book for longer than that I'm almost positive that you had at least some idea that the book was restored and should have at least said that you had some idea that maybe it was at the time the deal went down. Not when I called you and asked about it. You then said to me that you had an idea that maybe it was and then vanished when I got pissed. You said you bought the book at the Chicago convention? I'm just curious if you bought it as restored or not? Not that I expect an honest answer from you about that. You should have at least made good on the deal or offered to work it out since we were supposed to be friends at the time.

Sagat=Miffybunny on eBay

http://shop.ebay.com:80/Miffybunny/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=15&_rdc=1

To his credit, no negative feedback (and only 1 neutral) since 2002. Appears to sell only slabbed comics these days, probably as a result of the drama over that raw copy of Avengers #1, as he mentioned. The "No returns accepted" might be impairing your final prices, but I digress...

The reason most of us wouldn't let that one transaction get swept under the rug is that it apparently took *two years* to get a partial refund. That's akin to Brasseye, though SAGAT wasn't deported from the country...

If the buyer wasn't living in the same city as the seller, I wonder if any refund amount would have resulted. Is that honorable conduct? ("Honourable" for those of you that use Queen's English spelling, like gray=grey, etc.)

In any case, things are good now? Twistty1 might be embellishing things a bit, and you both have different points of view, but if you ever do sell raw comics again, accept returns and refund the buyer's money. That's honourable conduct, SAGAT.

I've always honored every deal I've done with anyone no matter what the situation was. I've had a couple books where the buyer found out they were restored and I've always offered to take them back. If I ever even suspected they were restored I disclosed it.

Btw no embellishment needed as Sagat knows the truth about what happened.

Anyway, as mentioned before it's finished and settled. I wasn't going to bring it up anymore.

This is my favorite Sagat thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4414038&fpart=1

Starts out fine and then inexplicably takes a sharp turn to crazy-town.

Granted, it takes awhile for a new boardie to get adjusted here--I believe few realize exactly the level of sophisticated collector (aka uber-geek) who hangs out here, and one needs a thick skin regardless.

I've always honored every deal I've done with anyone no matter what the situation was. I've had a couple books where the buyer found out they were restored and I've always offered to take them back. If I ever even suspected they were restored I disclosed it.

Anyway, as mentioned before it's finished and settled. I wasn't going to bring it up anymore.

UFC is coming to Toronto. Mebbe we can get you and SAGAT a match? :baiting:

lol, that has got to be one of the most impressive ebay stores Ive seen. Literally one of every key... (worship)

What Miffybunny sells aren't mere keys - they are all:

SUPER KEY ISSUE! NOT MANY LEFT IN THE WORLD!

VERY HIGH DEMAND & VERY LOW SUPPLY

THIS IS ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE MOST SOUGHT AFTER HISTORICAL MARVEL COMICS!

EXTREMELY UNDERVALUED FOR A [insert number here]+ YEAR OLD BOOK.

(tsk)

Sounds like miffybunny doesn't want any of Twistty1.

This is my favorite Sagat thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4414038&fpart=1

Starts out fine and then inexplicably takes a sharp turn to crazy-town.

Granted, it takes awhile for a new boardie to get adjusted here--I believe few realize exactly the level of sophisticated collector (aka uber-geek) who hangs out here, and one needs a thick skin regardless.

I don't think he was 'crazy' perse, but coming in here and trying to set your own rules from the get go, is always going to get you in hot water.

But then anyone coming in early on should have the good sense, to play by community rules anyway.

Ya ok, he gets the :insane: icon with the :rulez: thrown his way.

Sounds like miffybunny doesn't want any of Twistty1.

lol

Well we're good now, as good as it will get I guess. All I have to say is I got paid and I don't lie. As for the rest... I'll let our individual actions on the boards, and ebay, speak for themselves.

Edit: I'd rather challenge SAGAT to put something in Nik's benefit auction, if that's still happening? At least something good will come of that.

My prediction for the UFC 129 is GSP by decision. (thumbs u