• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman (1978) or Batman (1989)

Superman or Batman  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Superman or Batman

86 posts in this topic

Supes is winning currently, yet only by only a slim margin. I voted for Bats as being key to my '89 youth and having a higher rewatchability factor.

Supes is a classic, sure, but Bats has a sentimental edge for me.

2c

.....had Superman 1 and 2 been somehow combined into one movie it would have received my vote. Batman was a pretty significant movie and brought a lot of folks into comics. EVERYBODY liked the Batman movie....from the Biker Bar to the Bingo Parlor. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

how can I vote????...

TOUGH!, TOUGH Choice!...

This is the most difficult poll for me...

Both of these were classics.

Superman:

This scene was so cool to me as a kid I used my tape recorder and taped it when

I finally saw it on HBO and I would play it over and over again. The soundtrack was 10/10.

The acting 10/10. The direction 10/10. The special effects (for the day) 10/10.

Even though supes is not my fav superhero, this is my fav superhero scene of all time.

VS

Batman:

Jack's portrayal of the Joker was top notch. He really made the campy comic book Joker

that I loved come to life. 10/10 The cinematography was dead on and stylistically was

perfect for the late 80's 10/10. Most people say that Ledger's Batman was best and

I can somewhat agree with that as an adult, but the new Batman has too much in your face violence

to be kid friendly. This film was a beefed up version of the 60's camp tv show with a modern

paint job that really linked itself well with comics and still is my favorite comic book movie

of all time.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I was born in 73, so I also saw it on VHS. I never read the comic, so when I saw it I thought it was the most incredible thing ever (I probably saw it in 82 or 83), but I was young and small things impress children.

But when Batman came out, being a Batman comic book fan I was incredibly let-down, I mean talk about campy! There was so much hype and then to watch a guy who could barely move and who was so short (lol--compared to the comic--wasn't Batman meant to be imposing), I mean it was a joke. Absolutely the worst casting of a comic book hero IMO. At that point I went back and re-visited the first 2 Superman movies and they just crushed Batman.

I honestly can't believe how close these are, Superman by a landslide. I think alot of this has to do with alot of us being 8-15 when Batman came out and we all have good memories of that time period, as well as being too young to have seen Superman in the theatre. I think if these 2 movies had come out in the same year, this would be no-contest. It would be similar to comparing The Dark Knight and the newest Superman movie, no contest.

Jay

Superman is on my short list of movies that were pure magic when I saw them for the first time.

Batman was good, but Supes was legendary. :luhv:

I saw both of them in theaters for their original release and loved them both. I seem to remember Superman having very good word of mouth promotion and the TV spots seemed to be cool. I was a little skeptical going into Batman, but by the end of the movie I loved it. Christopher Reeves played the better hero, while Jack Nicholson played the better villian and pratically stole the show.

Very tough choice but went with Batman..this week. Ask me next week, I might would vote Superman - it's that close for me.

Superman. Saw it in Berkeley on 2/14/79. Saw Batman in a theatre a decade later and enjoyed it...but Superman got me into collecting GA and SA. After the movie I went into a small comic shop off of Telegraph Ave. and picked up Superman 152 for a buck.

IMHO Superman is the best superhero comicbook movie ever made. Batman was OK I guess, though I much prefer Batman Begins.

That Batman movie ushered in the era of rubber suited superheroes.

A great trophy on it's bookshelf, but Superman ushered in the era of the seriously toned comic movie blockbusters.

I'm perplexed as to why the voting is this close. Superman is the greatest comic movie ever made, bar none.

IMHO Superman is the best superhero comicbook movie ever made. Batman was OK I guess, though I much prefer Batman Begins.

That Batman movie ushered in the era of rubber suited superheroes.

A great trophy on it's bookshelf, but Superman ushered in the era of the seriously toned comic movie blockbusters.

I'm perplexed as to why the voting is this close. Superman is the greatest comic movie ever made, bar none.

+1

You got that right! Spider-Man 1 was 2nd.