• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOT Mazzucchelli Year One art

12 posts in this topic

I apologize for what essentially is an off-topic post, but has anyone here every ran across anything like this? I found it years ago at comic shop in Pittsburgh among a pile of 80's promotional posters. It is NOT original art. It is 11x17, 2 ply strathmore, printed very well, and as you can see from the registration marks and page number, seems to have been reproduced from the original art. The back is blank. There are no other markings--no copyright info or anything. Was this part of a portfolio? I'm under no delusions that it's worth anything, but if more exist I wouldn't mind owning the others just to be able to see the original Year One art produced with such detail at full size. Any help would be appreciated.

-Darren

yearone.jpg

Here is a website that sells a bunch of Mazzucchelli art....he's got a contact email address at the bottom.

LINK

If nobody here knows where that page is from, maybe that guy does. He seems to have a bunch of his art, so maybe he's familiar with it.

Since the print is not autographed, it may just have been someone from DC's production team that made a high quality "copy" for their own files.

btw - Mazz may have kept the interior pages from Batman Year One but he did sell a few of the covers.

Cheers!

N.

I was just reading the Year One today, and I verified that it is page number 68 in it.

Having never read it before, I am loving it so far! I would take this book over TDKR any day :) (I know, sacrilege)

I like DKR, but I LOVE Year One. And while I can appreciate the art and recognize the significance of DKR, I prefer Mazz's art in Year One and would love to add a piece to my collection should pages ever hit the market individually.