• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

Mine have been gone for years. I'm a geek but not so much of a geek that I still have character sheets from 1984 lol

Says the man who has 18000 + posts on a comic book forum who's sig line is a dude in blue and red spandex suit climbing a wall. . . :roflmao:

lol Well, there's all different kinds of geeks.

As long as you let your geek flag fly. . .who cares! I say rock on!

This thread inspired me to go out and dig through some old boxes in my garage. Unfortunately I haven't yet run across the box that has my D&D characters in them, but I did find some other good (and related) stuff.

Back in 1981 when I was 13, my friend Donny and I wrote to the folks at TSR to ask some very important questions...and they actually wrote back! Here's the evidence (minus our last names so Transplant can't stalk us):

LetterToTSR.jpg

This thread inspired me to go out and dig through some old boxes in my garage. Unfortunately I haven't yet run across the box that has my D&D characters in them, but I did find some other good (and related) stuff.

Back in 1981 when I was 13, my friend Donny and I wrote to the folks at TSR to ask some very important questions...and they actually wrote back! Here's the evidence (minus our last names so Transplant can't stalk us):

LetterToTSR.jpg

That is awesome!!!

I still the envelope TSR sent me when I did some freelance work for them. I have to pull that out and scan it!

Ah, the WORLD OF GREYHAWK... :cloud9:

Edited by voorhees

Didn't save any sheets but loved playing D&D and Star Frontiers.. :cloud9:

starfrontierscover.jpg

(thumbs u In 5th grade I traded a small box of Orange Nerds candy to a friend for that exact manual!

BEST deal ever! :cloud9:

I still have it. :shy:

I started playing D and D thirty-one years ago. I traded all my stuff for high-grade bronze Avengers issues when I was a junior in high school. I miss the lead figures the most and have started buying them again. I loved the episode on Freaks and Geeks where the cool, bad boy type played D and D with the "geeks."

I started playing D and D thirty-one years ago. I traded all my stuff for high-grade bronze Avengers issues when I was a junior in high school. I miss the lead figures the most and have started buying them again. I loved the episode on Freaks and Geeks where the cool, bad boy type played D and D with the "geeks."

You'll love this too then!

LetterToTSR.jpg

Is that Gary as in Gary Gygax? :o

Is that Gary as in Gary Gygax? :o

lol, no...that's me.

We typed up the letter and sent it to them and they hand wrote the answers on it and sent the original back to us. I always had the thought that Mr. Gygax gave us the answers, though in retrospect it was probably a secretary or some nerd like us.

Geez that episode brought back memories. One of my group was amazing with painting the Ral Partha figures. At one point he entered contests, and his pieces would sell for like $50 and a $100 each, and he had a waiting list of months for people wanting to buy them. Real lead, not plastic or whatever they use now for Heroclix mini's.

I vividly remember playing module Tomb Of Horrors, and our entire party wiped out, characters that took us years to build. Wonder where my old books are.

Aaaaaand THAT is where part of my signature line comes from :grin:

Man! I loved playing as a kid. My older brothers got me into playing and it's how I got into painting miniatures (as we used to have elaborate mini-dungeon-based games). D&D and AD&D and comics are what made weekend nights as a kid great :cloud9: We eventually moved on to some other games and then... everything got packed up and put away once high school hit. :sorry: