• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The wifes new attitude!!!

90 posts in this topic

Update : Surfers still there in position...she got up this morning and asked how long he was staying up there...i replyed as long "as long as you like him up there sweetheart. heres your morning coffee...want me to make you breakfast?"......he still there!!! distraction, its the key, im like a magician....i should change my name to Doctor Strange......IM THE MAN!!!

We all know hes not got long, right?

Did you ever imagine that there would be so many chimney snobs on these boards.

you know...truth is, i took the photo, put it on photobucket and the first thing i thought was i would be critizied for the soot...then i thought no, everyones probably aged and matured since i used to frequent the boards...they're only interest is comics and comic related items and all they'll do is share my joy at my new possession.

ill clean the bloody chimney!!!

you know...truth is, i took the photo, put it on photobucket and the first thing i thought was i would be critizied for the soot...then i thought no, everyones probably aged and matured since i used to frequent the boards...they're only interest is comics and comic related items and all they'll do is share my joy at my new possession.

I think it's more that one of the posters in this thread just lost his house and possessions in a fire.

I dont think people are being snobs, rather genuinely concerned that there could be a fire in the house and they dont want to see another boardie lose EVERYTHING they have (thumbs u

I showed a picture of my carpet once....... doh!

I didn't hear the end of it for weeks

did it have soot on it?

did it have soot on it?

I'm guessing it didn't match the drapes. hm

did it have soot on it?

No..... but the maid was reprimanded for getting lazy

thor-vacuuming.gif

did it have soot on it?

+2

You should be more careful about posting pictures of your carpet out on the Internet...it stays out there for people to find FOREVER, there's no taking it back! :eek:

Umm, on a more serious note, it may be time for a good chimney cleaning. If the fireplace was built properly and has a good draw, then there's something gone wrong or you wouldn't be getting that much soot buildup outside the fire box.

Seriously, get it inspected before you build another fire.

no its brand new...just had it built...never had a real fire before...last time i used it i threw wood on that wasnt dry...smoked out the entire house...

whether or not the wood is dry, the smoke should still go up the chimney. I would look into this matter.

listen, the chimneys fine...look at the bloody statue!

The statue looks great! (thumbs u

awwww...thanks (thumbs u

Listen to Comicdonna about your fire place...he knows about these things...

I also think you have a fireplace issue. Nice statue BTW.

Of course....basically you should never post pictures to a message board unless they are tightly cropped to only show exactly what you want to show. If not, this happens. Everyone wants to get on their soapbox about chimney safety and fire management skills. it never fails and is one of the tenets of message board posting for a certain segment of message board posters...

Umm, on a more serious note, it may be time for a good chimney cleaning. If the fireplace was built properly and has a good draw, then there's something gone wrong or you wouldn't be getting that much soot buildup outside the fire box.

no its brand new...just had it built...never had a real fire before...last time i used it i threw wood on that wasnt dry...smoked out the entire house...

whether or not the wood is dry, the smoke should still go up the chimney. I would look into this matter.

awwww...thanks (thumbs u

Jesus...the fireplace is fine...it was inspected less than a year ago...I just didnt know how to light it properly, having never had one before. Aparently, Im throwing on wet wood before Ive got the chimney hot enough...so theres no "draw"...also, theres a slight crack at the top of the firebox ( the metal box inside) thats gonna be welded over again...its all good...guenuinly, thanks for the concern...

Of course....basically you should never post pictures to a message board unless they are tightly cropped to only show exactly what you want to show. If not, this happens. Everyone wants to get on their soapbox about chimney safety and fire management skills. it never fails and is one of the tenets of message board posting for a certain segment of message board posters...

I couldn't agree more. And now comics-rock is scarred for LIFE having to live with the shame, humiliation, and public scorn associated with having an unsafe fireplace in his house. :blush::sorry:

did it have soot on it?

+2

You should be more careful about posting pictures of your carpet out on the Internet...it stays out there for people to find FOREVER, there's no taking it back! :eek:

I like it carpet free myself.

Nothing like cleaning up some shaggy carpet to get ready for some hard wood flooring.

:blush:

Nothing like cleaning up some shaggy carpet to get ready for some hard wood flooring.

How bizarre--I would think the carpet would protect you against splinters. hm

did it have soot on it?

+2

Yes, but with no landing strip, how will the Jumbo know where to land? (shrug)

awwww...thanks (thumbs u

Jesus...the fireplace is fine...it was inspected less than a year ago...I just didnt know how to light it properly, having never had one before. Aparently, Im throwing on wet wood before Ive got the chimney hot enough...so theres no "draw"...also, theres a slight crack at the top of the firebox ( the metal box inside) thats gonna be welded over again...its all good...guenuinly, thanks for the concern...

The fire is probably not set back far enough... 2c