• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The wifes new attitude!!!

90 posts in this topic

Umm, on a more serious note, it may be time for a good chimney cleaning. If the fireplace was built properly and has a good draw, then there's something gone wrong or you wouldn't be getting that much soot buildup outside the fire box.

Seriously, get it inspected before you build another fire.

no its brand new...just had it built...never had a real fire before...last time i used it i threw wood on that wasnt dry...smoked out the entire house...

whether or not the wood is dry, the smoke should still go up the chimney. I would look into this matter.

Umm, on a more serious note, it may be time for a good chimney cleaning. If the fireplace was built properly and has a good draw, then there's something gone wrong or you wouldn't be getting that much soot buildup outside the fire box.

no its brand new...just had it built...never had a real fire before...last time i used it i threw wood on that wasnt dry...smoked out the entire house...

whether or not the wood is dry, the smoke should still go up the chimney. I would look into this matter.

listen, the chimneys fine...look at the bloody statue!

cool statue. I wouldn't push it too much further.

your probably right...

Don't listen to him. Replace all of the kitchen cabinet handles with

Hulk figures.

fantastic idea...can i come live with you when she kicks my fat english arse out of the house?

No problem. Turn your car west and drive 2000 miles. I'm the brown house on the South side of Edmonton.

cool statue. I wouldn't push it too much further.

your probably right...

Don't listen to him. Replace all of the kitchen cabinet handles with

Hulk figures.

fantastic idea...can i come live with you when she kicks my fat english arse out of the house?

No problem. Turn your car west and drive 2000 miles. I'm the brown house on the South side of Edmonton.

see you in 42 hours...

The statue looks great! (thumbs u

The statue looks great! (thumbs u

awwww...thanks (thumbs u

Umm, pretty statue...

Now make sure the damper's open next time you light a fire or we'll all be admiring The Smoky Surfer, lol

Shoot, I have to keep my wife from tracking down one of those life sized Silver Surfer promos from the FF movie. She would have that thing up in the living room in a heart beat.

Even though I'm sure everything is fine and I hate to harp on this chimney thing, it caught my attention as well.

(By the way, to keep on topic the statue is terrific.) :)

My brother-in-law just purchased a new house. It has a very tall vaulted ceiling in the den.

The builder did not build the chimney tall enough to drag the smoke up.

The fire marshal has told him not to use the fireplace as it is very unsafe.

Again, I'm sure yours is fine, but I would hate for something bad to happen.

To my absolute shock and suprise, she came in and said, "Thats really nice". So it stays! Lets see if I can sneak a copy of Silver Surfer # 1 in next to it...

:applause:

That's awesome!

Congrats on the statue but I doubt she'll go for the comic.

I think my girlfriend is similar to your wife. If I try to put something up featuring a character like Spider-man, Thor or Captain America, she'll hate it. However, she doesn't mind if it's a character like Silver Surfer or Dr. Strange that's featured.

Now my GI Joes she absolutely despises. I cannot overstate that enough.

Where do you live, Kenilworth Castle...?

i wish...spent the last three years building a house myself...lot of set backs (and a lot of money) hence, selling my entire collection a few years back. nearly finished now so i got the green light to start collecting again....