• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon 2011

78 posts in this topic

No one needs that much house. hm
think investment and of course why they call it a "dream" house (thumbs u

WOW! Rick ,where's the line drawn going from a house to an Estate?I would say that's one hell of an Estate. (worship) Comics been berry berry good to you. :applause:

actually, having so many comics and not being liquid was berry berry bad for me :cry:

The general GA market is bound to pick up, Rick. As I like to say, the GA and SA markets have an accordion-like relationship. When GA pulls too far ahead, SA comes snapping back to close up the gap. When SA pushes too far ahead, GA then springs forward to re-open the gap.

Based on Gator doing six figures in sales on a weekend in Orlando, I'd say it has sprung forward already

well, side bar to the story, my wife and I had made an offer on our dream house, that was finally available on the market, after many a years of "wishing" we could own it...and low and behold, the bank accepts another offer over ours, because of how I chose to finance...talk about taking the wind out of our sails, on a still day already!!!!... breaking the news to my wife was one of the worst things I ever had to do..........

I would watch the situation if I were you you. We have had houses here get three or four accepted contracts before one actually sticks and the property closes.

oh I hear you...in fact, that is secretly what I am praying for...unfortunately, we now know who the buyer is, and don't anticipate any issue, but will still hope till it closes!

Sorry Rick, how was I to know it was your dream house?!

:jokealert:

:cry:

http://panamacitymls.net/BayReports/ListitLib/photo_show.aspx?mls_acct=318919&report=members_full_prop1

Is that in lower lagoon, Rick?

It's a beautiful place. I hope the other offer falls through for you guys.

WOW! Rick ,where's the line drawn going from a house to an Estate?I would say that's one hell of an Estate. (worship) Comics been berry berry good to you. :applause:

actually, having so many comics and not being liquid was berry berry bad for me :cry:

The general GA market is bound to pick up, Rick. As I like to say, the GA and SA markets have an accordion-like relationship. When GA pulls too far ahead, SA comes snapping back to close up the gap. When SA pushes too far ahead, GA then springs forward to re-open the gap.

Based on Gator doing six figures in sales on a weekend in Orlando, I'd say it has sprung forward already

Not if he had seven figures sunk into it!

Get up Sunday, grabbed more donuts, drove into orlando, and started the day a bit slow...sold a few more boxes worth of $1 books, and an array of toys and $5-$20 type silver age comics, and then ended the day with a few nice sales (and action 10, and action 15, an All american 61, a Detective 30 crippin copy, etc)....

so, overall, I managed to sell about 50% of the $1 books I brought, and 6 figures+ of wall books....so, I would strike the show as a success, and we will be back next year... but much better prepared this time!!!!!

loaded out by 6:30, got home around 1am, and the rest, as they say, is history

(thumbs u and at least you did not dislocate a finger moving grids.

well, side bar to the story, my wife and I had made an offer on our dream house, that was finally available on the market, after many a years of "wishing" we could own it...and low and behold, the bank accepts another offer over ours, because of how I chose to finance...talk about taking the wind out of our sails, on a still day already!!!!... breaking the news to my wife was one of the worst things I ever had to do..........

I would watch the situation if I were you you. We have had houses here get three or four accepted contracts before one actually sticks and the property closes.

oh I hear you...in fact, that is secretly what I am praying for...unfortunately, we now know who the buyer is, and don't anticipate any issue, but will still hope till it closes!

http://panamacitymls.net/BayReports/ListitLib/photo_show.aspx?mls_acct=318919&report=members_full_prop1

Gorgeous! I hope you find something even better in the near future

Is FLA real estate investible at the high end now, or are there still a few years left to settle overcapacity?

According to the Zillow page on the property that Rick mentioned, the seller dropped the price by $110K a couple of weeks ago, so it sounds like prices are still pretty soft.

one thing that is not so easily identified is that the house needs approximately $200,000 of work to bring it back to "new"...most is cosmetic (happens when a house goes into forclosure and is not lived in for a period of time)...and with this being gulf front property, the salt water/air has decimated all mechanical equipment due to no maintanence...all 4 ac's have to be replaced, electrical wiring, so windows, back deck, all hurricane shutters and the spanish tile roof...

that said, this house was my wifes "dream" house and I would have loved to of purchased it, as I think it is a solid investment...however, when one door closes, we just pray another opens (thumbs u

Prices are still dropping in Fl. albeit at a slower rate than in previous years.
most beach front condo's have already bottomed out and are now selling at 5-10% more than lows... same holds true for beach front homes...7 homes have sold for far more per square foot than the previous 3 years, so the beach front market has not only started to turn around, but is bristling with activity...the last of the great bargains are probably in the rear view mirror right now.....however, that is not to be confused with more demand than supply...still plenty of inventory, but the bargains are less available than just 3-6 months ago

I didn't mean sales were bad for either age...I meant I had too much $'s tied up in "inventory" and was not liquid enough to purchase this house...

right now, GA sales are stronger for me, than SA...last year, it was just the opposite...however, a lot has to do with my supply and pricing... last year, I started the year with good GA sales, but had quality books available...then, as the year progressed, SA outsold GA both in volume and in $'s...however, again, I had 3 full cgc boxes full of nicely priced keys...a year later, I have half a box left...so, I have brought out more GA, and in Orlando last week, 90% of my sales were GA...

Sorry to hear about your dream home. That happened to my wife and I as well. If it makes you feel any better, I did buy 2 books from your 2 for $10 bin on Sunday.

- Charlie

(worship)

I did 6 figures in sales at every con I did last year...sometimes it was SA strong, sometimes GA...just varied...I would say both markets are alive and strong "IF" you have the right books priced right, but I think that is always the case ,right (thumbs u

Is that in lower lagoon, Rick?

It's a beautiful place. I hope the other offer falls through for you guys.

biltmore beach area...it is the Hubert Green (golfer) house... right by Schooners and Treasure Island, on Gulf drive... very well known house, both locally and nationally...

Not if he had seven figures sunk into it!

while I am still ok selling some books at cost, here and there, the days of selling books for a loss are long gone (at least for me)...

that said, having 7 figures of inventory is generally necessary to generate 6 figures of sales (no one turns 100% of their inventory annually, do they?) (thumbs u

Get up Sunday, grabbed more donuts, drove into orlando, and started the day a bit slow...sold a few more boxes worth of $1 books, and an array of toys and $5-$20 type silver age comics, and then ended the day with a few nice sales (and action 10, and action 15, an All american 61, a Detective 30 crippin copy, etc)....

so, overall, I managed to sell about 50% of the $1 books I brought, and 6 figures+ of wall books....so, I would strike the show as a success, and we will be back next year... but much better prepared this time!!!!!

loaded out by 6:30, got home around 1am, and the rest, as they say, is history

(thumbs u and at least you did not dislocate a finger moving grids.
it was my knees this time doh!

Gorgeous! I hope you find something even better in the near future

unlikely (especially in the bargain price range), but thank you for the sentiment (thumbs u

Prices are still dropping in Fl. albeit at a slower rate than in previous years.
most beach front condo's have already bottomed out and are now selling at 5-10% more than lows... same holds true for beach front homes...7 homes have sold for far more per square foot than the previous 3 years, so the beach front market has not only started to turn around, but is bristling with activity...the last of the great bargains are probably in the rear view mirror right now.....however, that is not to be confused with more demand than supply...still plenty of inventory, but the bargains are less available than just 3-6 months ago

From what I'm seeing, we're about to double dip. I'm not familiar with the beachfront condo market in particular just the overall market in Florida. I have been looking at beachfront properties down where you are and in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. I haven't seen any upturn yet at least not at the properties I'm looking at ie $400K - $800K range.

With FDIC tightening lending regulations on banks ie 20% minimum down and keep 5% if securitizing mortgages, that can't be good for the market in the short term.

From what I'm seeing, we're about to double dip. I'm not familiar with the beachfront condo market in particular just the overall market in Florida. I have been looking at beachfront properties down where you are and in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. I haven't seen any upturn yet at least not at the properties I'm looking at ie $400K - $800K range.

With FDIC tightening lending regulations on banks ie 20% minimum down and keep 5% if securitizing mortgages, that can't be good for the market in the short term.

double dip is always a possibility in this type of market, but I have followed the beach front and condo market for 2 straight years, and I see no indication of that in this niche...but one never knows