• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is Swamp Thing coming back to DCU Proper?

15 posts in this topic

And why was he taken out to begin with?

Seems like it was a real stupid move. (shrug)

Two words: Alan Moore.

His Swamp Thing was the birth of Vertigo.

Well if he does come back I hope they have good stories for him. I've been a fan since HOS and followed Swampy through all his series and incarnations. What else can they do with this character at this point? From a man trying to cure himself of being turned into a swamp monster, finding out he was never a man to begin with, falling in love, becoming a father, going to Hell, fighting Arcane over and over, finally becoming the near omnipotent embodiment of Earth, losing his title to Tefe, then to have 90% of those powers taken away. Time will tell. (shrug)

Well if he does come back I hope they have good stories for him. I've been a fan since HOS and followed Swampy through all his series and incarnations. What else can they do with this character at this point? From a man trying to cure himself of being turned into a swamp monster, finding out he was never a man to begin with, falling in love, becoming a father, going to Hell, fighting Arcane over and over, finally becoming the near omnipotent embodiment of Earth, losing his title to Tefe, then to have 90% of those powers taken away . Time will tell. (shrug)
Gee, thanks for the spoiler warnings. :mad:

Well if he does come back I hope they have good stories for him. I've been a fan since HOS and followed Swampy through all his series and incarnations. What else can they do with this character at this point? From a man trying to cure himself of being turned into a swamp monster, finding out he was never a man to begin with, falling in love, becoming a father, going to Hell, fighting Arcane over and over, finally becoming the near omnipotent embodiment of Earth, losing his title to Tefe, then to have 90% of those powers taken away . Time will tell. (shrug)
Gee, thanks for the spoiler warnings. :mad:

Sorry about that but it is ancient history! :preach:

Well if he does come back I hope they have good stories for him. I've been a fan since HOS and followed Swampy through all his series and incarnations. What else can they do with this character at this point? From a man trying to cure himself of being turned into a swamp monster, finding out he was never a man to begin with, falling in love, becoming a father, going to Hell, fighting Arcane over and over, finally becoming the near omnipotent embodiment of Earth, losing his title to Tefe, then to have 90% of those powers taken away. Time will tell. (shrug)

He could do it all while wearing a fake mustache.

And why was he taken out to begin with?

Seems like it was a real stupid move. (shrug)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/29/will-swamp-thing-return-for-earth-day/

That Jenette Kahn / pre-Vertigo period was one of the brightest spots for the DCU imho. :cloud9:

The scope and edginess seemed grander and more interesting when Swamp Thing (and others) could interact with their A-list characters. :popcorn:

46-1.jpg