• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a book nobody else on this forum owns....

298 posts in this topic

LEGISLATION WAS PASSED IN CANADA WHICH MADE IT A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO IMPORT CRIME COMICS INTO CANADA BETWEEN 1949-1953, HENCE THE WORD “WEIRD” REPLACED “CRIME” ON THE COVERS OF THESE COMICS. THIS LENDS AN ESOTERIC ELEMENT TO THIS GENRE AND ONLY 2-3 COPIES OF EACH BOOK ARE KNOWN TO EXIST.

[

Stephen I was aware of this fact [the replacement of the words "crime" and "weird"], very cool stuff.

This book is listed as scarce in the guide but it is rarer than a gerber 9. It was only given away in 1964 in Harlem only. I was so happy to find this copy with 3 pieces of tape and a missing piece at the bottom that I did not know what to do!!!!!!! lol

youth001.jpg

That's so cool. Isn't there a horror or DC comic (Phantom Stranger?) with a cover just like that -- that is, with little people or creatures on somebody's fingers?

This book is listed as scarce in the guide but it is rarer than a gerber 9. It was only given away in 1964 in Harlem only. I was so happy to find this copy with 3 pieces of tape and a missing piece at the bottom that I did not know what to do!!!!!!! lol

youth001.jpg

That's so cool. Isn't there a horror or DC comic (Phantom Stranger?) with a cover just like that -- that is, with little people or creatures on somebody's fingers?

HouseofMystery214.jpg

youth001.jpg

HouseofMystery214.jpg

d3e74156.jpg

youth001.jpg

HouseofMystery214.jpg

d3e74156.jpg

continuing the chain

JPS

110890.jpg.97d91b344757e499174a20d333c52d18.jpg

youth001.jpg

awesome hypo cover! I love it!

Excellent thread everyone. Anybody have either of these?

College humor mag from Standford that is about 50% comics, the rest mostly advertising. someone else on the boards posted an earlier issue a while back.

crash.jpg

A Canadian crime comic with Dynamic #16 for the interior.

comiccrimes.jpg

Can't say for sure but I haven't seen these posted...

Just saw the original art to the cover of the Molly O'Day at C2E2!

lol

Just saw that Roy said the same! It's a beautiful cover, Roy. I hope you get it.

What was the asking price on the cover?