• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead issue 83 discussion thread.SPOILERS! READ AT OWN RISK!!!!

156 posts in this topic

yeah, the two page spread just killed me.

when i read you post this morning BK i was like oh shiz they kill the Glenn...not expecting Carl to catch a load on his face.

With how hard Rick had been talking and acting, I wasn't going to be surprised if i turned the page and he just did something heartless.

First off great idea to start a thread to discuss without all the spoiler tags. :foryou:

Second: Kirkman is the best I never thought that would happen...I think Carl lives ..thoughts?

Last: I have the OA page of Douglas' first app...is the value lower or higher after this issue?

Second: Kirkman is the best I never thought that would happen...I think Carl lives ..thoughts?

Last: I have the OA page of Douglas' first app...is the value lower or higher after this issue?

It's a comic, so yeah....probably. We don't know the full extent of the damage just yet. Not sure what Denise will be able to do.

But I could also see an end to the Grimes family after this story arc. How could Rick possibly go on without Carl?

Who would the story focus on if all the Grimes are gone hm

Maybe Rick leaves and meets T-Dog doh!

Kirkman hasn't built up michonne enough, and abraham is a great side character. I just can't see rick dying........yet. honestly, im interested in seeing rick and michonne hook up dangit.

Kirkman hasn't built up michonne enough, and abraham is a great side character. I just can't see rick dying........yet. honestly, im interested in seeing rick and michonne hook up dangit.

I dont know about Rick and Michonne hooking up. I hope not.

As I was reading this issue, I could not help but think that this girls poon is cursed.

I've been wanting this for quite a while now ... maybe it will happen now they have both suffered losses ... Though honestly I kind of don't want to see it happen now since rick seems to have the of death :roflmao: anyone he spoons dies doh! Honestly I think this is going to be something kirkman is going to to regret latter on down the road even if carl lives now he just won't look right with a big gaping hole through his head lol

First - I'm usually a trade reader on WD.

I had heard this was going to be a major issue, so I picked it up to flip through at the store and dropped a loud enough F-Bomb that the guy at the register across the store said "must be looking at Walking Dead".

Blew me away. Would not have thought Kirkman would do that. I've always suspected that the whole series is really about Carl.

First - I'm usually a trade reader on WD.

I had heard this was going to be a major issue, so I picked it up to flip through at the store and dropped a loud enough F-Bomb that the guy at the register across the store said "must be looking at Walking Dead".

Blew me away. Would not have thought Kirkman would do that. I've always suspected that the whole series is really about Carl.

A lot of people feel that way. What if rick ends up being the only one who doesn't die in the series?

My LCS was shorted on his order, I got mine because it's on my pull list and he knows I'm there like clock work on WD days. I usually snag up extra copies, but he had none since his order was short.

I don't know if there was a general shortage or what...but for whatever reason my LCS didn't have all his.

I love that he hacked through her arm to save Carl and then I'm shocked a few pages later to see Carl with a gaping hole in his face. Just FYI, if Carl lives through this, I think he'll be drawn with a bandage or something over his face so that he's not looking nearly as odd as we all think.

Personally, I think No One Is Safe.

Kirkman is a believer in the No One Is Safe motto. It creates real suspense and shock for the reader. We're all used to the "it's a main character, so they're safe" style of storytelling. Even if a main guy dies, in mainstream, they come back....eventually (I'm looking at you Captain America, Batman, Jason Todd, and soon Human Torch!)

Definitely nice to see another holy :censored: moment in a WD comic!

I think Carl will live. It even adds depth to his character. And I still think the comic is really about Carl for the long run.

warren.jpg

I doubt he'll be asking Rick to find his baseball. lol

I just meant that if he survives, he's going to be even more hardcore. (thumbs u