• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead issue 83 discussion thread.SPOILERS! READ AT OWN RISK!!!!

156 posts in this topic

Definitely nice to see another holy :censored: moment in a WD comic!

I think Carl will live. It even adds depth to his character. And I still think the comic is really about Carl for the long run.

warren.jpg

I doubt he'll be asking Rick to find his baseball. lol

I just meant that if he survives, he's going to be even more hardcore. (thumbs u

:signfunny:

goonies-sloth-12.jpg

First - I'm usually a trade reader on WD.

I had heard this was going to be a major issue, so I picked it up to flip through at the store and dropped a loud enough F-Bomb that the guy at the register across the store said "must be looking at Walking Dead".

Blew me away. Would not have thought Kirkman would do that. I've always suspected that the whole series is really about Carl.

So you guys complain about lack of spoiler tags, complain when people use em cause you click on em anyways & you go up to the comic shop & flip through the latest book anyways

(shrug):roflmao:

Due to a Diamond up, this hasn't shipped to the UK yet so I'm gonna avoid reading this

lol I'm starting to think I need to hit all of the LCS's in the area and see if I can round up every last copy in town just in case there really is a shortage.

No way does Carl die. He is the main reason for Rick to go on. By the look of that wound, I would say that Carl should die. However, I also believe that he "can't" die.

No one is safe? I always thought Carl was the safest. We shall see.

By the way, I remember Dale always complaining about Rick's leadership. Man, he makes some bad choices. Why the hell did he make a run for it? He was trying to leave the house because he thought it would get overrun and then he goes back to a house to save Carl. Rick = insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Time for Andrea to be leader!

No way does Carl die. He is the main reason for Rick to go on. By the look of that wound, I would say that Carl should die. However, I also believe that he "can't" die.

No one is safe? I always thought Carl was the safest. We shall see.

By the way, I remember Dale always complaining about Rick's leadership. Man, he makes some bad choices. Why the hell did he make a run for it? He was trying to leave the house because he thought it would get overrun and then he goes back to a house to save Carl. Rick = insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Time for Andrea to be leader!

+1 on everything about Carl.

I think Rick's plan made sense in his mind because of issue #4 (Rick & Glenn). He didn't expect the other kid to be so scared, the mom to scream or Douglas to show up out of nowhere firing a gun. He had to go back to the doctors house otherwise Carl's going to die for sure.

As far as Rick's leadership. I thought it was interesting that Maggie knew it was a bad idea. After she tried to talk him out of it, she stood her ground and stayed. I think that shows the others don't follow Rick blindly anymore.

It's a one week shortage the rest of the copies will be on the stands by next week. If you are going to speculate on these I suggest a 3 day grab and dump. lol

First - I'm usually a trade reader on WD.

I had heard this was going to be a major issue, so I picked it up to flip through at the store and dropped a loud enough F-Bomb that the guy at the register across the store said "must be looking at Walking Dead".

Blew me away. Would not have thought Kirkman would do that. I've always suspected that the whole series is really about Carl.

So you guys complain about lack of spoiler tags, complain when people use em cause you click on em anyways & you go up to the comic shop & flip through the latest book anyways

(shrug):roflmao:

You didn't see any of that from me.

+ 1 plus lets face it catching a stray random bullet is a lame way to die .... the character deserves afar better death than that !

Agreed, how messed up would it be if he asks Rick to put a bullet in his brain?

Maybe, Kirkman isn't happy how the Carl actor is doing on the TV show and wants to erase him from our minds. hm

His whole "look scared act while hiding behind mama" routine was really one note for his character's ongoing legacy in the floppy. I know he's a child actor, but it was one one of the key disappointments(if not major) of the hit AMC series last fall. It felt like they really rushed his casting to get The Walking Dead product out and we the fans... got screwed. We needed a suitable Carl as much as a Rick, IMHO.

Maybe, Kirkman isn't happy how the Carl actor is doing on the TV show and wants to erase him from our minds. hm

His whole "look scared act while hiding behind mama" routine was really one note for his character's ongoing legacy in the floppy. I know he's a child actor, but it was one one of the key disappointments(if not major) of the hit AMC series last fall. It felt like they really rushed his casting to get The Walking Dead product out and we the fans... got screwed. We needed a suitable Carl as much as a Rick, IMHO.

I thought rick was cast great. Carls character was more weak, but i never realized it until people brought it up. I Don't need carl to be tough yet.

I was hoping for a little forshadowing toward some inner darkness of his, myself. Right now his whole character is forever blunted for the mainstream and anything they try now will feel like a stunt, because he wasn't made into a major character right off. I didn't want a buried nuclear base complete with fakey-looking explosions in Season #1. I wanted a kick- Carl. My 2c

NEG its tv I think you are expecting a bit too much :D IMO the main focus was on rick for the first seasno as well as short intro to rest of the cast . Don't really expect much changes in carl until he shoots shane :D

NEG its tv I think you are expecting a bit too much :D IMO the main focus was on rick for the first seasno as well as short intro to rest of the cast . Don't really expect much changes in carl until he shoots shane :D

Carl was in my top 3 of characters, Abraham and Andrea being the top 2(my Facebook friends on here will understand why, lol ). Like every fan, you want to see a beloved character transition well in other medias. Such is the reason of my disappointment. :makepoint:

I wonder if kirkman will delve further into abrahams cheating on rosana. Also, i wish kirkman had taken gabriel before morgan.
Rosita and we saw this coming. Myself, I liked Rosita. She has a weird Kirkman-esque grace about her in her surroundings.

HOLY mess!!! NEVER saw that coming. I have 2 kids and that broke my heart!! When Carl stood there and said "dad"...I thought that was the cliffhanger. And then more pages...

I actually said out loud..."Kirkman, you "

I have a son too. I stared at that page for awhile. I found it to be haunting.

Man. The image boards are going in on issue #84. In a good way of course. Real deep debate with medical charts over how carl could survive his wound. Hilarious how detailed people get over the comic.