• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How boring is your Sunday?

14 posts in this topic

Its rainy and cold here in the east.....'nuff said frown.gif

Same here, in the Hudson Valley....have work to do, but trying very hard not to start......doesn't anyone have any scans that need magnification or something? confused-smiley-013.gif

Same here, in the Hudson Valley....have work to do, but trying very hard not to start......doesn't anyone have any scans that need magnification or something? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

No, but I do have a GFX question, that banner with your 2001 quote, how do you call the effect that makes the edges blend in with the background...

I think it has something to do with setting a certain colour as transparent and then set the colours at the edge to gradually turn into said colour (ok a lousy explanation I know....)

I want to do it in Paint Shop Pro, but need the technical term for it, so I can google for a step-by-step thumbsup2.gif

Anything but ....

Sunny, 55 degrees, sping is here, yard work to do, and cars to wash....

Pacers/Detroit game on ABC right now

Dog and baby to walk in the local park after.. game.

new pot of coffe on, and wife bringing home Pastrami on rye, and cole slaw from Shapiros(best Deli in town)

Taxes to complete(yuck)............ 893frustrated.gif

Cookout with neighbors later, to kik off spring , and break in the grill.

1 hour of Simpsons, and a DVD of " Pretty Little Things " to watch.

And then tomorrow off to Cincy, to watch opening day against Cubbies!!!

So this Sunday is anything but boring for our household......

But my kingdom for 2 free hours to go see a Hellboy matinee today. flowerred.gif

Zeman

27_laughing.gif

No, but I do have a GFX question, that banner with your 2001 quote, how do you call the effect that makes the edges blend in with the background...

I think it has something to do with setting a certain colour as transparent and then set the colours at the edge to gradually turn into said colour (ok a lousy explanation I know....)

I want to do it in Paint Shop Pro, but need the technical term for it, so I can google for a step-by-step thumbsup2.gif

Actually, in Photoshop you have many options for effects, I think for this one I had my text on a separate layer of the background and chose "outer glow" for it, then I can control the color, brightness and distance that the pixel blur out around the letters. Hope that helps, Chromie!

BTW, today was so boring, we all piled into the car to go to the MALL. Depressing. Looking at some of those key chain storage devices....way overpriced for what you get. Gimme a $10 zip disk anyday. I've given you a topic, now please discuss.......

I just saw Hellboly. I thought it was eh.. not bad, just not too good either. And I'll warn everybody. It's extremely violent and how it got a PG-13 rating instead of an R is anybody's guess. So I am warning anybody with kids.

I just got back from the Capitol show up in Tyson's Corners, VA....didn't buy nothin........but it was nice to look around.......then I stopped at a comic shop in Fredericksburg on the way back and picked up a couple of minty-fresh early USM's for cheap.....