• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2011

400 posts in this topic

I'm here. Didn't think I would make it so fast thumbing it the whole way.

Big thanks to three cute girls that gave me a ride. Of course they all got a ride too... If you you know what I'm sayin' . :devil:

So you got a ride not because you had 1) Grass or 2) Gas but because you had 3) A**?

lol No one rides for free.

:headbang:

Wizard report pt. 1. As I'm walking into the Hyatt, I see Cgcworld and his wife. What is it about this hotel? I always see people I know as I'm checking in. Also saw Anthony Michael Hall. Got bumped up to a mini suite. Hit the floor for 2 hours. Nothing bought yet.

Making plans for a P.I.M.P. party in the suite tomorrow night. Saw several boardies today. Room is layer out weird this year. Dinner was slow but tasty at Ram. Didn't see Greggy. F him. Started my annual badgering of the Wizard executives. But I was restrained.

Miles can't drive any better than JJ who had been drinking. Saw Anthony Michael Hall again in the bar. Gemma has beer at the ready after hours.

If a strange girl with a smurf and huge boobs wants to sit down, let her. It's interesting conversation at the least. Certain celebrities may or may not be pervs.

That is all.

Awesome spelling and grammar structure.

Sounds like you were in need of some White Castle last night but didn't get to it.

Win.

I wasn't in the hall more than ten minutes and I saw Greggy while I was waiting for a resto check. He's everywhere.

The room layout is different this year. Artist Alley seems to have leaked over into the 'main' section in the last aisle where Hot-Flips sets up. Saw a lot of toys & other stuff on that side of the floor. I think I saw half of the room & still haven't bumped into a Graham Cracker booth. I didn't think that was physically possible.

I thought the turnout was good for a Thursday, but I was surprised to see as many kids as I did. Crazy Ed was selling a Wolverine Limited Series to a guy with several kids & they each got a free kids book. That's always nice to see.

I think the busiest booth was where you could get 'Simpsonized'. That, or the Suicide Girls. :(

My daughters and I made it to the con about two hours before it opened. Of you ate looking for dollar-box fodder, it's pretty weak, but there are the usual quality sellers present. I picked up some nice Fiction House books from Brian at A-1 and from Harley Yee and a couple of really nice Captain Midnight's from John Verzyl. We saw a lot of the same folks along with 1koko and SAGAT.

Never saw Greggy or Doc Joe. My daughters could hardle bear the disappointment.

Sold some high grade bronze Marvels to MCMiles. Met and chatted with JoeyPost and briefly talked with Greg Reece again at my booth. Greggy spent 15 minutes looking over my stuff, but nothing caught his discerning eye. Saw SpideyOnATilt and Foolkiller who looked through some of my unpriced slabs. Sold a Wings #90 to Roy (VintageComics) who I met for the first time. Sold a 6.0 Hulk #181 to Harley.

Then the soap opera began. :o Due to a disagreement between the two owners of the booth space I was paying commission to, I decided I wont be selling any more books at WW Chicago in 2011. See you guys on the floor though!

Wizard report pt. 1. As I'm walking into the Hyatt, I see Cgcworld and his wife. What is it about this hotel? I always see people I know as I'm checking in. Also saw Anthony Michael Hall. Got bumped up to a mini suite. Hit the floor for 2 hours. Nothing bought yet.

Making plans for a P.I.M.P. party in the suite tomorrow night. Saw several boardies today. Room is layer out weird this year. Dinner was slow but tasty at Ram. Didn't see Greggy. F him. Started my annual badgering of the Wizard executives. But I was restrained.

Miles can't drive any better than JJ who had been drinking. Saw Anthony Michael Hall again in the bar. Gemma has beer at the ready after hours.

If a strange girl with a smurf and huge boobs wants to sit down, let her. It's interesting conversation at the least. Certain celebrities may or may not be pervs.

That is all.

That. Sucked. Bad.

Totally worthless without any pictures.

Unfortunately, HA.com did not bring any copies of their new J. Weist Original Art Price Guide #3 for sale at Chicago. Free shipping within Continental USA, not Canada.

Had a quick look at their so called valuation of Bill Ward published OA, and found it quite skimpy probably because of few sales of magazine or pin-up OA via their HA site.

(Rob Lite) I've been to the show for the past 2 years, but this year we finally ponied up for a booth.

Here is a link to some photos we took at the show

https://picasaweb.google.com/MoundCityauctions/WizardWorldChicago2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

IMG_20110814_122312.jpg

We had a drawing & gave away an iPad2 today...winner was a guy named Thomas Misener, a Chicago local. We had to draw 4 or 5 names out of the box before we found someone who actually bothered to completely fill out the form. I'll have a video up on youtube later showing the drawing & the winner receiving his iPad (thanks to everybody who stopped by & entered)

Personally, I had a great time, I picked up the hardcover trades of Locke & Key volumes 2-4 (I love that series), & an ASM 14 that looks to be GD-VG. Classic bought a Justice League of America #8 that was maybe a VG, and I stopped by Steve Ritter's booth & lucked into finding an Omega the Unknown #1 9.8, which I bought & gave to Classic as a birthday present (he collects them as kind of an in-joke from the first comic auction back in 09). As far as the JLA 8 goes, we pick those up when we can, because we do a lot of benefit auctions with the National Auctioneers Association, where we raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital, and the JLA 8 has an auction cover, so it tends to sell for multiples of guide almost regardless of condition, when presented to a bunch of auctioneers (who almost always get into a bidding war over a copy of either that or Batman #191).

Picked up 2 consignments, including some stuff that is going to be rolled into the August 27-28th auction, including an Avengers #1 7.0, a More Fun Comics #52 6.0 (EP), an ASM #33 9.6, a Showcase #22 4.0, a Funny Pages #10 5.0, a JIM #112 4.5 signature series (Stan Lee signature), and many more. I'll have scans tomorrow (I'm driving back to St Louis right now)