• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #3...grade please

20 posts in this topic

Can you post the back cover? It looks like there's water damage on the bottom of the front cover, so I think it's not possible to grade the book without seeing the back cover and even the interior if you can take a photo of the inside pages.

That stain is a killer Chrom.... crazy.gif...and you might want to trim that overhang on the top ... blush.gif

Even still...it's an FF #3.... thumbsup2.gif

No trimming in this house sign-rantpost.gif WhatchootalkinboutWillis stooges.gif

smirk.gif

Yeah, the water stain is big, but front cover is the least affected by it, so I don't mind that much. If I could I'd get all 1961-1963 Marvels just like this with an appropriate price thumbsup2.gif

I was going to say 3.5 - 4.0 before I saw the stain. frown.gif I'd have to say 2.5 - 3.0.

If you got it cheap, and you are not a resto hater, a $100 clean and press might remove the stain and make a big difference in eye appeal.

hi.gif

thanks everyone, I bought it decently priced as a G/G+ and I also thought it was more of a G+ 2.5 smile.gif

On some days I lean toward a 3.0....but the interior blemish puts me back to earth...

I've taken it on myself to teach a small group of mainly Dutch collectors how to grade, all avid comic lovers, but all just starting to buy back issues and none of them has even heard of CGC or Overstreet...

So I'm posting scans of various grades and let them decide what grade it is and have them call out the defects and they LOVE it thumbsup2.gif

I dunno if it's just me, but I have a heard time distinguishing between 2.5/3.0/3.5...

I find it as hard as the difference between a 9.8/9.9/10.0....

So I wanted everyone' s opinion grin.gif

I was going to say 3.5 - 4.0 before I saw the stain. frown.gif I'd have to say 2.5 - 3.0.

If you got it cheap, and you are not a resto hater, a $100 clean and press might remove the stain and make a big difference in eye appeal.

hi.gif

yeah....book could use a good clean and I'm thinking wonder-bread (which I can't even get over here) wouldn't do the trick...

Surprisingly book is perfectly flat...

It's interesting to see that water stained area is whiter and cleaner than rest of the cover.

I wonder could a simple water bath+pressing have similar results.

3.0, clean it and press it if you want to upgrade it to a VF.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry I thought I was Heritage for a second.

i agree with the 3.0 grade. but this is another example of a book with some serious flaws that don't jump out at you and is (IMO) more collectible in this lower grade.

OT - i just had 4 of the wife's dutch cousins over for the weekend. we're off to visit them in holland on thursday. uh - redhook and fantasy; i have a huge german shepperd guarding the house.............. grin.gif

Note to self -- stop off at the butcher shop for some raw steaks before breaking in to Burntboy's house.

3.0, clean it and press it if you want to upgrade it to a VF.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry I thought I was Heritage for a second.

i agree with the 3.0 grade. but this is another example of a book with some serious flaws that don't jump out at you and is (IMO) more collectible in this lower grade.

OT - i just had 4 of the wife's dutch cousins over for the weekend. we're off to visit them in holland on thursday. uh - redhook and fantasy; i have a huge german shepperd guarding the house.............. grin.gif

G+ thumbsup2.gif

Same grade as my 3. hi.gif

Sorry for being late but it's been a few weeks since I've popped open the grading forum.