• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Cage's stolen Action Comics #1 has been recovered

92 posts in this topic

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/comic_relief_for_nic_TN6M2DsGgUQirITHQmzpKN

Just a great closing on this article...

Fishler declined to say how much Cage paid for "Action Comics" No. 1 back in 1995. Another copy -- which went for 10 cents in 1938 -- was sold last March for $1.5 million.

He said the Cage book is still in near-mint condition.

"What surprised me is that it looked the same. It's very fine."

lol

Did I miss it in the thread somewhere? Anybody know specifics about the book? For instance, is it unrestored?

Apparently it's near-mint. Or maybe it's very fine. ;)

The ex-reporter in me can tell you how that happened. Reporter was thinking near mint. Steve said very fine. Reporters (and most of their readers) don't know how different the terms are to people on this board.

Regardless of the insurance,this book belongs to it's rightful owner Nick Cage. :applause:

Yeah ten years ago insurance paid out a lot less than current market value. I say let Cage write the insurance company a check and let him have the book.

I seriously doubt that's what will happen. The insurance company owns it now.

And they can sell it to me for cover price! :idea:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/comic_relief_for_nic_TN6M2DsGgUQirITHQmzpKN

Fishler declined to say how much Cage paid for "Action Comics" No. 1 back in 1995. Another copy -- which went for 10 cents in 1938 -- was sold last March for $1.5 million.

lol

Did I miss it in the thread somewhere? Anybody know specifics about the book? For instance, is it unrestored?

The ex-reporter in me can tell you how that happened. Reporter was thinking near mint. Steve said very fine. Reporters (and most of their readers) don't know how different the terms are to people on this board.

I'd sock it to the reporter more. He should've figured out the jargon and translated it into laymen's terms for the readers. Condition, condition, condition is kinda like location, location, location. With that said, the life of a daily/weekly reporter is something most folks have no clue about. It's so easy to get it wrong or miss the mark on occasion when you're cranking out stories.

javascript:%20void(0);

lol

I'd sock it to the reporter more. He should've figured out the jargon and translated it into laymen's terms for the readers. Condition, condition, condition is kinda like location, location, location. With that said, the life of a daily/weekly reporter is something most folks have no clue about. It's so easy to get it wrong or miss the mark on occasion when you're cranking out stories.

:news:

:makepoint:

Mr. Cage should have the option of buying the books back from the insurance company at the cost of payout plus annual inflation (not current fair market value).

He can't afford it. lol