• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Paypal personal for me. Big Brother came and took it :(

513 posts in this topic

Please don't ask for the paypal 3% charge. That is the cost of doing business. As a buyer only I understand I don't have to frequently pay the fee but I also don't profit off other members.

For certain members who consistently offer books at fantastic prices I would gladly pay the extra 3% but it is presumptuous to assume a buyer should pay the fee.

Go for yours Rupp, you rule :headbang:

You got caught because you were stealing.

Be glad you got away with it as long as you did.

Would this absolute black and white stance of yours change if sayyyyy, sellers not only didn't ask for personal PP but were not even aware that such would be sent until after the transaction is complete? During my last sales thread I had 6-7 people send me personal PP because they were being nice. It was never even discussed before they sent the funds, let alone asked for by me. I never even mentioned personal as an option. This of course led to my personal option being cut off. I frankly couldn't care less so I barely paid attention to the notice but I think saying that I was "stealing" from PP might be going a touch too far.

Of course it would (be going a touch to far, that is.) If you did not ask for it, then it wasn't something you purposely did.

The people who sent it, however, knew full well what they were doing, and did it anyways, causing you to lose your benefit (though I suppose you could have pro-actively refunded and asked for proper payment. You should be discouraging people from using it. )

At the end of the day they have a virtual monopoly and I hope they get smacked down for it as I don't like PPs policies but until that day I guess it is what it is.

I think Paypal is evil, and I wish they would go down in a glory of flames.

However....

Until that happens, it is, as you say, what it is.

Please don't ask for the paypal 3% charge. That is the cost of doing business. As a buyer only I understand I don't have to frequently pay the fee but I also don't profit off other members.

For certain members who consistently offer books at fantastic prices I would gladly pay the extra 3% but it is presumptuous to assume a buyer should pay the fee.

Go for yours Rupp, you rule :headbang:

So, what does it mean when sellers on here ask for paypal but you must pay for the juice? That's the 3% right?

Dan

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)
It exists only so they cannot be federally regulated in the US as a bank. Since those federal regulations are theoretically my rules and the only reason they want to dodge them is to save themselves fees.... Fukem.

Does it ever get reinstated eventually or is the personal ban permanent?

Not sure if it can be or not. I will honestly tell the world right now that if it does get reinstated... I will go right back to using it how I dang well please. :o

I've always been impressed by people who are out and proud about their theft. Like Robojo, or Alleybat.

:cloud9:

Ouch!

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)
It exists only so they cannot be federally regulated in the US as a bank. Since those federal regulations are theoretically my rules and the only reason they want to dodge them is to save themselves fees.... Fukem.

:golfclap: well said!

My eyes hurt....can we talk about the social ramifications of using Media Mail to send comics instead?

So, let's stop using paypal, not ship to Canada and only take bank M.O.'s.!!!!

Dan

My eyes hurt....can we talk about the social ramifications of using Media Mail to send comics instead?

So, let's stop using paypal, not ship to Canada and only take bank M.O.'s.!!!!

Dan

Funny you mention that... my bank charges $6 to cash foriegn money orders.

Wow! +1

I find it ridiculous how fees vary from bank to bank. Is this common across the US or does it simply vary from state to state?

My experience with all the larger banks up here is that most of them are very similar in their fee structure.

Because it's not for purchasing merchandise.

I use Paypal personal frequently. I use it for what it's intended for: paying people back, paying friends for signing opportunities (that they aren't making money on, I'm just passing the fees to them), passing money to family members out of state for various and sundry family business.

Actually, no. The option is there so they aren't a bank and therefore are no't regulated by the FDIC.

Media mail :cloud9:

I know, right?

You know, since this whole supposed 'USPS clampdown' on Media Mail, I've had exactly zero packages tampered with either sent to me or that I've sent out via this service.

I think it was just a scare perpetuated by the man to try and keep us down.

Media mail :cloud9:

I know, right?

You know, since this whole supposed 'USPS clampdown' on Media Mail, I've had exactly zero packages tampered with either sent to me or that I've sent out via this service.

I think it was just a scare perpetuated by the man to try and keep us down.

It was just a scare tactic I believe. I mean would you really want 8mile to open and close your package? :o

The annoying thing about PayPal (besides the not being regulated like a bank thing, which is just plain stupid-but, I work in a bank and there's not much in banking that's not just plain stupid) is that they make money on the float of every transaction. So, they person_without_enough_empathy about not making their transaction fee for a personal transaction when they're making float on every transaction, personal or not. After Check 21, wire transactions can clear multiple times per day, so they're drafting money from purchasers accounts, holding it for a few days, then sending it through to the seller.

For the holding period, they earn interest on the pittance I sent Rupp and person_without_enough_empathy because they didn't get their 3%. Scum-sucking ditch-dwelling suck-bags! Now, that's hyphenation!

The annoying thing about PayPal (besides the not being regulated like a bank thing, which is just plain stupid-but, I work in a bank and there's not much in banking that's not just plain stupid) is that they make money on the float of every transaction. So, they person_without_enough_empathy about not making their transaction fee for a personal transaction when they're making float on every transaction, personal or not. After Check 21, wire transactions can clear multiple times per day, so they're drafting money from purchasers accounts, holding it for a few days, then sending it through to the seller.

For the holding period, they earn interest on the pittance I sent Rupp and person_without_enough_empathy because they didn't get their 3%. Scum-sucking ditch-dwelling suck-bags! Now, that's hyphenation!

That's exactly why banks offer online banking for free.

Hyperbole:roflmao: