• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Paypal personal for me. Big Brother came and took it :(

513 posts in this topic

If you were to perform the same operation on a larger scale it would be a felony and you would go to jail (The Paypal thing, not the speeding). Your defense would be laughed at.

Instead of trying to 'stick it' to a large corporation, you need to start your own company and hire the best lobbyists you can to change the laws in your favor.

Ever take your own candy or drink into a theatre? I always stop at the dollar store for gummy bears, rather than pay $4 for a smaller box, I also walk in with a Dunk's coffee in my hand, far from concealed. I have yet to be told I can't. I think this was a policy that was over ruled by the masses, filed under "We're not gonna take it"

The big difference between bringing your own food into the movies and Paypal personal is if you get caught bringing your own food into the theatre nothing really will happen to you but if you get caught a few times doing the paypal personal to your advantage they will terminate your paypal account and with no paypal account then good luck trying to sell products on the internet. Try using a credit card processor as those fees are much worse or try using money orders, yeah money orders will get us real far on Ebay now. So it`s not really a question about morals but more a question about being business smart, if people continue to abuse paypal personal they will eventually get caught and be terminated from paypal, that doesn`t sound like a smart business decision to me. I know a lot of us are defiant and it`s human nature to tell someone to screw if they tell us no but really in this case we have to playball with Paypal or lose out on a easier way to make transactions. 2c

Ahem, PP isn't a bank, zero comeback for the consumer, yet they have their fee's based on a bank's structure.

Anyone ever negoiated the terms of their contract???

what...nooooo, wow, guess what thats called...anyone???

An overpriced electronic transfer is about 50c, but what was your last fee statement like???

PP/Ebay Uk are registered in Luxenbourg.... a highly accessible place jurisdictionally speaking lollollol

Yet baffoons here accuse people of stealing from them!!!

You need your head checked!!!

Oh my goodness, what awful, horrible, victocraty thinking.

Yuck. :sick:

Here's simple logic, something your mom probably taught you:

Paypal's bad actions do not justify bad actions against them on my part.

In other words, two wrongs don't make a right.

(However, three rights DO make a left. I digress.)

What is the REAL lesson of Robin Hood...?

I think your thinking is based in 'fairy tales' actually.

It's a contractual relationship, the rules of which are governed by contract law.

Like I said, when was the last time you ever discussed those terms with you friendly Ebay/PP staff???

Oh thats right, never!

lol... do I really need to go on. lol

It's an inequitable relationship... the buck stops right there.

Yes. You really do need to go on, because thusfar, you have done nothing but make misstatements.

Here's where you fail: you agreed to Paypal's terms before using the service. All users are required to agree to Paypal's terms before using the service.

If you didn't like those terms, was there someone forcing you to accept them and use Paypal against your will? If you thought it was an "inequitable relationship", please...tell me who made you use their services?

Hmmmm...?

If you do not like Paypal's terms, you have the RIGHT and FREEDOM to NOT USE THEM.

:o

I know, stunning, right?

Your logic is non-existent. Like I said: just because Paypal may have committed and may currently be committing (and Lord knows, they've had their fair share of court time) bad acts does not...under any conceivable circumstances...therefore give you the right to commit bad acts against them in return.

No legal authority in Western civilization would grant you that right. Your "buck stops here" cliché has no meaning in this conversation.

Really. You guys make it much, much too easy. Cartman makes better arguments than these.

PS. I discuss terms with Paypal all the time. You can call them. Paypal's number is 1-888-221-1161. I dunno what the US country code you'd have to dial would be, though.

lol, ya you got me, I stopped using them years ago. I know a con when I see one.

But moralising over other's on this board... man that's a heck of a nerve!

That why I'm calling your bluff here and asking to see you cards, but all you've got is "it's baaaad, don't do it" hmm, persuasive.

You keep escaping my simply point, the rules aren't of what's good, bad, or otherwise.

The rules are contract law, which PP has set about to ensure Joe blog consumer never win's those.

They're registered offices are somewhere you can't pursue them through any US court.

They purport to mimic a bank with banking fee structure's, but offer zero rationalisation for that.

They have set up a monopoly, that ensures consumers are obliged to use their services.

They hold all the cards...and the system you sign onto is 101% their devising. There is no fraud to transact under an arrangement they have put in place to maximise they return for your participation.

If your looking for a moral justification behind transacting with corporate america... you only need to look at the newspapers of the last 3 years to quickly come up with an answer of how corporate america regards you.

Have a nice day :foryou:

You enjoy ripping off paypal just like you enjoy ripping off whomever got you put on the probation list. :baiting:

You enjoy ripping off paypal just like you enjoy ripping off whomever got you put on the probation list. :baiting:

Not exactly relevant to the discussion at hand, now is it?

PayPal provides an essential albeit expensive service for international transactions. For all others, use snail mail to accept payments and keep the 3% or pass it onto your customers.

PayPal provides an essential albeit expensive service for international transactions. For all others, use snail mail to accept payments and keep the 3% or pass it onto your customers.

You realize your "customers" can see what you post. (shrug)

lol, ya you got me, I stopped using them years ago. I know a con when I see one.

Are you just thick?

Are you ever going to make good on that deal?

Perhaps not. However, the impression I get from him is that it's okay if paypal gets what it deserves (ie people "ripping" them off by paying personal for transactions). If that's okay by him then I also see that it's okay for him to not follow through on a transaction. I see some similarities between that kind of attititude and the attitude of not following through with an agreed upon tranacation. If my "impression" is incorrect, so be it and I'll take the hit for that.

And I posted that by using check or money order as payment methods with increasing frequency, and PayPal with decreasing frequency, my customers can get the savings passed to them in the form of lowered prices. (shrug)

And I don't have "customers", but real customers who benefit from being able to buy comics at lower prices than available anywhere else, and also benefit when my overhead is lowered by less frequent use of PayPal in these transactions.

And I posted that by using check or money order as payment methods with increasing frequency, and PayPal with decreasing frequency, my customers can get the savings passed to them in the form of lowered prices. (shrug)

This goes back to my first post in this thread. I'm sure Best Buy, Nordstroms, or your favorite restaurant would prefer that you don't you don't use a credit card as a percentage of your bill will be sacrificed to them. Unfortunately it is not functional in today's world.

There is a cost to doing business and to expect to revert back to checks or even worse money orders does not make sense. Imagine going into Home Depot and they list duel prices for cash or credit?

Paypal affords you as a buyer, some protection in the event of an unscrupulous dealer or any other problem. And as a seller it allows someone in Hong Kong or Australia or anywhere they might reside to easily purchase your product with confidence that there is some recourse if anything arises. This opens up endless possible consumers for you.

And again, personally, I will not buy from a thread where the seller expects me to pay their overhead. And yes I understand they can raise the price of their books accordingly which is their perogative.

Just got my email from the the "friendly paypal team" that my ability to accept and send paypal via personal method has been disabled due to all the gazillions of dollars that me and my board friends are ripping them off for.

I know, I know ... its the rules and they got kids that gotta eat too.... just sucks.

I know this has been beat to death... just had to vent.

Rupp, non personal

I argued with Paypal last year, when they disabled my ability to accept personal payments (even though my account is business)...

their "policy" said it could be disabled if I requested customers pay by that method...well, I never requested it, just some friends decided to pay me that way...paypal wasn't having anything of it, and even if someone sends me a personal payment now, I get hit with 3.9%

Imagine going into Home Depot and they list duel prices for cash or credit?

I would love to live in that world. Unfortunately, I live in one where the credit card companies would stop dealing with Home Depot if they chose to implement this policy. :mad:

Upon further rereading of my banter with RMA I shall give him points for my liberal comment. He in fact does point out my misuse of the word in that context. I was drunk and other than that stand by everything else, even the homosexual caterpillar post.

The 88 is just a number, my birth year is 1980.

I'm now bored of this topic and can see where this will go round and round with no actual concession from anyone.

I shall continue to use paypal and shall report anyone who dare asks, suggests, implies, hopes, wishes, prays or expects personal, for they are stealing and need to be punished.

Upon further rereading of my banter with RMA I shall give him points for my liberal comment. He in fact does point out my misuse of the word in that context. I was drunk and other than that stand by everything else, even the homosexual caterpillar post.

The 88 is just a number, my birth year is 1980.

I'm now bored of this topic and can see where this will go round and round with no actual concession from anyone.

I shall continue to use paypal and shall report anyone who dare asks, suggests, implies, hopes, wishes, prays or expects personal, for they are stealing and need to be punished.

I think someone should start a thread about customs declaration and would we mark the COMIC as a gift if the buyers ask us. ;)

Do you know what the cure to unhappiness in your place of employ is?

Find another job, or start your own business.

Therefore, employees "getting ed over" are doing it voluntarily.

Yeah, the system has no role in it.

Thankfully, I have my own business so I need not worry. That doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the real hardships and real struggles so many others face in a game where most of the chips are stacked against them.

Paypal serves a valuable purpose in the online community and there will be chances to take advantage. They are a fantastic service and deserve their 3% but if some guy from Tennesse can get around, God bless him!

lol

I'd be reallllllly careful asking God to bless theft if I were you....

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am enjoying reading it.

However, I think we've already heard from The Deity on this topic....

jesus-money-changers-temple.jpg

I don't think he'd have been a fan of paypal. lol

People exploit loopholes. Corporations exploit loopholes.

Not only will I exploit any loophole (non criminal in nature) that's available to me, I'll drink your milkshake too. :sumo:

(worship) (worship) (worship)

People exploit loopholes. Corporations exploit loopholes.

Not only will I exploit any loophole (non criminal in nature) that's available to me, I'll drink your milkshake too. :sumo:

Thank you for getting it (thumbs u

813cea40.png

Imagine going into Home Depot and they list duel prices for cash or credit?

I would love to live in that world. Unfortunately, I live in one where the credit card companies would stop dealing with Home Depot if they chose to implement this policy. :mad:

there are gas stations here in Sarasota that list cash prices and credit card prices...sadly, the saving they offer to pass on to me is 3 cents per gallon instead of the 3% they save.

so I keep using my card every time I filled up.

I think of all than can be taken from this thread is that some are dead against taking what isn't theirs to the nth degree. Others see it as their devine right to have at it and well perhaps I will not call the kettle black and keep my thoughts on issues like these to myself so not to be judged or take out of context or simply misunderstood. :blahblah: