• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #10 CGC 3.0 Blue in ComicLink May auction

343 posts in this topic

when I spoke to Bob last month, he asked me what I thought FMV was and I told him 8-10K, but at auction, could push 11-12K if you had 2 or more folks that "had" to have it... that said, anything higher (no offense bob) is crazy...a cgc 5.5 sold for 17K+ fairly recently (not much has changed demand wise, since that book went off), so "why" , in the opinion of folks posting higher #'s, is this copy worth that much (shrug)

a cgc 3.0 action 7 barely hit 20K...if a 3.0 action 10 hits 20K, I am retiring lol

true, but that copy had brittle pages, correct? I feel that book may have gone higher if the pages were not brittle.

when I spoke to Bob last month, he asked me what I thought FMV was and I told him 8-10K, but at auction, could push 11-12K if you had 2 or more folks that "had" to have it... that said, anything higher (no offense bob) is crazy...a cgc 5.5 sold for 17K+ fairly recently (not much has changed demand wise, since that book went off), so "why" , in the opinion of folks posting higher #'s, is this copy worth that much (shrug)

come on Rick, you know it is funnier to throw out big numbers as long as you aren't spending your own money.

That said, I would like to change my estimate from two nuts and a kidney to $50k plus a left nut only. :insane:

a cgc 3.0 action 7 barely hit 20K...if a 3.0 action 10 hits 20K, I am retiring lol

true, but that copy had brittle pages, correct? I feel that book may have gone higher if the pages were not brittle.

yes it had brittle PQ Alden. :P If it were crow PQ, I'd say that 3.0 Action 7 goes for much more ($25k+)

yes it had brittle PQ Alden. :P If it were crow PQ, I'd say that 3.0 Action 7 goes for much more ($25k+)
but you all are missing my point...action 7 probably has 2 x (dare I say 3x) more demand and it typically priced as such...so, even if the brittle pages caused a 5K or 10K price correction (and if anyone really looked at that action 7, it was 98% ow/w and just a little "sun burnt" at the very bottom edge..those pages were not "brittle" through out, though there was obviously a brittle bottom edge ..overall, those pages were NICE!!!!!)

just saying...however, I do hope it goes for 50K, so my buddy bob can make out like a bandit!

"Alden" ? and what's with the toungue? anyway, if this book goes for only $10k, I am all over it, but I really expect it to do better. I'll say $15k.

"Alden" ? and what's with the toungue? anyway, if this book goes for only $10k, I am all over it, but I really expect it to do better. I'll say $15k.

You look more like an Alden.

I would have made my estimates a little higher, if I was going to participate in this auction.

lol I don't know if that's good or bad.

my buddy bob

OUR buddy bob.

:baiting:

Oh yeah, everybody's my buddy now :sumo: ........where were you all when I was just the simple, handsome FUELMAN men wanted to be & women wanted to be with? :makepoint:

lol I don't know if that's good or bad.

Hey, the Dude abides. (thumbs u

my buddy bob

OUR buddy bob.

:baiting:

Oh yeah, everybody's my buddy now :sumo: ........where were you all when I was just the simple, handsome FUELMAN men wanted to be & women wanted to be with? :makepoint:

Trying to buy ing comics at Jamie's booth in SD.

:mad: