• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

'FF' Casting rumors begin - Rumor has it that Michael Chiklis is a contender to play Benjamin Grimm aka The Thing in the 'Fantastic Four' movie. Same unnamed source also claims Oscar winner Tim Ribbons is up for the role for Dr.Doom. More... - 04.06.04

Chiklis....well maybe but Robbins as Doom? How lame. A left wing liberal dictator.

Who Is Directing Fantastic Four?

IGN FilmForce knows the Story.

April 05, 2004 - Marvel Studios honcho Avi Arad recently advised About.com, "We have a director [for Fantastic Four but] I cannot tell you who he is until Tuesday. ... We needed for this movie a director that's a genius with relationships. It's a movie about relationships."

IGN FilmForce knows who that "genius" is. We've been able to confirm that Barbershop director Tim Story has landed the gig. Story's next release is the English-language remake of Taxi, starring Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon.

He's also attached to direct the Chris Rock vehicle Sick Day for Imagine Entertainment and Universal Pictures.

We were also advised that filming begins in August. Location scouting is underway. Look for casting to begin soon.

Story's hiring may be another indication that Fox and Marvel are intent on making Fantastic Four a comedy. Previous directors attached to the project were Raja Gosnell (Scooby Doo) and Peyton Reed (Down with Love). Actor-filmmaker Sean Astin has also pursued the directing gig.

Look to IGN FilmForce for more news on Fantastic Four as it happens!

-- IGN FilmForce

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to ... if they make it a comedy, i'll.....

but then again, what were your first thoughts about Bryan Singer doing X-Men?

I pray that it will be ok. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

way too soon for me to overreact to this, but a 893censored-thumb.gif comedy?!?!?

every time i hear a bad movie idea or a poorly chosen casting i fall back on the fact that i nearly gagged when they announced that Michael Keaton would be Batman - who knew with some major rubber muscles that he could pull it off?!?!?

and if i had recently bought up a ton of HG FF's i'd be scared - very scared devil.gif

speculators - IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO UNLOAD NOW AND MINIMIZE YOUR LOSSES. CALL BURNTBOY care of SAN FRANCISCO.......... sumo.gif

I hereby declare my intent to save you poor speculators from certain financial ruin by offering to purchase the following issues of FF prior to the release of what will surely be the worst movie to ever see the silver screen:

6, 10, 12 (Fine-ish)

37, 43, 55 (VF or better)

66, 79, 90, 91, 103 (NM- or better)

You can thank me after I have the books!!

I hereby declare my intent to save you poor speculators from certain financial ruin by offering to purchase the following issues of FF prior to the release of what will surely be the worst movie to ever see the silver screen:

Don't worry, when they go on EBay, you'll be the first person I notify.

Don't worry, when they go on EBay, you'll be the first person I notify.

Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator...Joe admits he's a speculator... tongue.gif

FF does have comedic moments, but it's usually wise cracking during their kick butt sessions with the baddies. I pray they keep it in check. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If the "comedy" aspect is true, I fear this doesn't bode well for the FF comics. Marvel has shown with the X-Men franchise that they are more than willing to change the comics to more fit the "movie" mood. Now Marvel has to "reload" the titles to get them back in line with pre-movie sensibilities. If an FF comedy film is even moderately successful, then I can see the same for the FF.

Am I overreacting? Maybe....but my faith in Marvel to do the right things hit the last straw with their announced relaunch of the Avengers and their apparent caring for nothing other than the next quarter earnings.

Jim

ummmm, no... insane.gif

6, 10, 12 (Fine-ish)

37, 43, 55 (VF or better)

66, 79, 90, 91, 103 (NM- or better)

You can thank me after I have the books!!

A comedy would be just brutal and I can't imagine that after the success of the X-men and Spiderman they would go this route. Sounds like a rumour made up by some DC fan. Have to keep to the original story lines and character makeup.There is just no need to tweek this at all. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well if Tim Story directed Barbershop,

Then perhaps Ice Cube will be Mr. Fantastic?

I can only hope as wih Singer and Xmen.

This guy has a good -script, and sticks to the story, and doesnt set back comic movies 10 years.

I cannot imagine that Marvel would let its Flagship title besides Spidey to be treated to anything but the best talent available.

please let me fears be swayed in future months once details come out on this project.