• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

It all boils down to more highly trained Canadian labour that is also cheaper. thumbsup2.gif

nope...just cheaper. A LOT cheaper, money drives the movie industry and Canada is hella cheap.

It's not that Canada is that much cheaper, it's the rebate on the sales tax. where's greggy.

There is a film credit that is based on the value of the Candian labour dollars spent. Plus, I hear that the local authorities don't charge extra if the police are needed for certain shoots for security. I hear that certain cities such as LA charge for this extra service!

It all boils down to more highly trained Canadian labour that is also cheaper. thumbsup2.gif

nope...just cheaper. A LOT cheaper, money drives the movie industry and Canada is hella cheap.

It's not that Canada is that much cheaper, it's the rebate on the sales tax. where's greggy.

There is a film credit that is based on the value of the Candian labour dollars spent. Plus, I hear that the local authorities don't charge extra if the police are needed for certain shoots for security. I hear that certain cities such as LA charge for this extra service!

We have to hire LAPD for shoots that might involve traffic concerns at roughly $30 an hour. This is in addition to private security for the vehicles.

Canada is never a good sign for a movie. This means we'll get a NYC look-alike with a cheap budget. Wasn't the first Punisher shot in Canada? frown.gif

confused.gif They are shooting X-Men 3 in Canada as well. There's nothing wrong with shooting in Canada! And FF is a big budget tentpole flick!

And some of the filming is gonna be done in CHICAGO. Actually a lot of filming is going on in CHICAGO. Ever since that CHICAGO movie got filmed in Canada, Illinois dropped any taxes to the films being made in CHICAGO. So you'll be seeing a lot of CHICAGO in up coming films. Even in the next SPIDER-MAN movie. The next Batman movie. Oceans 12, which is filming right now. (So I got to keep it down). A couple months ago they were even using the building I work in for some scenes of a Chevy Chase film. Got to see Chevy too. Some comedy detective movie. I hope I get to see myself on the big screen. Cool to be an extra.

If you are then you can see where I'm coming from.

I completely understand how you feel. Since there's so much going on in Hollywood North, why don't you come up here to work? As my fellow forumites can attest, and having lived in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal myself, this is a great country to live in with lots of friendly people (well, maybe not Quebec unless you're a Francophone). grin.gif

Posted on IMDB today:

The full cast of anticipated movie The Fantastic Four is expected to be announced next week, with actor Michael Chiklis remaining as favorite for the role of The Thing. The movie, which follows the exploits of mutant astronauts Reed Richards, Susan Storm Richards, Benjamin Grimm and Johnny Storm, better known as Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, The Thing and the Human Torch - will begin filming in August). Producer Avi Arad, who will bring the Marvel Comics favorites to the big screen, is expected to make the public announcement about the movie, which will be helmed by Barbershop director Tim Story. Fantastic Four creator Stan Lee says, "Chiklis is tough and rugged, yet he has a likable quality - and that's The Thing." Mean Girls star Rachel McAdams is emerging as a likely choice to play Sue Storm. Arad hints, "She's be great. We like her a lot."

which will be helmed by Barbershop director Tim Story.

This is the part that bothers me.

Why not upgrade and see if any *bad* directors would do it.

I think Woody Allen or Warren Beatty may be free. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Posted on IMDB today:

The full cast of anticipated movie The Fantastic Four is expected to be announced next week, with actor Michael Chiklis remaining as favorite for the role of The Thing. The movie, which follows the exploits of mutant astronauts Reed Richards, Susan Storm Richards, Benjamin Grimm and Johnny Storm, better known as Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, The Thing and the Human Torch - will begin filming in August). Producer Avi Arad, who will bring the Marvel Comics favorites to the big screen, is expected to make the public announcement about the movie, which will be helmed by Barbershop director Tim Story. Fantastic Four creator Stan Lee says, "Chiklis is tough and rugged, yet he has a likable quality - and that's The Thing." Mean Girls star Rachel McAdams is emerging as a likely choice to play Sue Storm. Arad hints, " She's be great. We like her a lot."

foreheadslap.gif (I really hope this is a typo)

Yes...indeed....we hope they ALL be super very great!

According to Ain't It Cool today:

"Ioan Gruffudd ("Horatio Hornblower," 'King Arthur') will fill the elastipants of Reed Richards, Michael Chiklis ("The Shield") will be everyone's ever-lovin,' blue-eyed Thing, and Chris Evans ('Not Another Teen Movie,' 'The Perfect Score,' 'Cellular') will be Johnny Storm. Still uncast is the role of Sue Richards, although supposedly, Jessica Alba ("Dark Angel," 'Honey') is the lead contender. The other two frontrunners for the part are Keri Russel ("Felicity") and Rachel McAdams ('Mean Girls' and 'The Notebook'), who I believe Beaks interviewed recently and hinted at being up for the part."