• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

Also heard about Elisha Cuthbert for Sue. Certainly would wratchet up the hotness factor.

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry, but Rachel McAdams is much better looking than Cuthbert, who only has two things working for her.

Since the word is they are planning on making the FF movie a comedy, why not just cast Larry, Moe, and Curly as Torch, Mr. Fantastic, and Thing, respectively? stooges.gif

I heard that too. He reiterated that idea. 893frustrated.gif

sorry.gif

I really think the FF movie would work alot better as an :GASP!: animated (but not, CGI'd) movie. Character development wouldn't be as much of an issue, and neither would the effects. Have them battle Doom, and set it up for the Surfer story for #2. Doubt that it would work w/ real actors though.

As much as I love the FF, I just don't see the non-comic fan going to see the movie. Most of them can't even name one member (compare that to X-men, where most people have heard of Wolverine). Well, maybe they could name "that Rock Guy". makepoint.gif

The FF has to be aimed at kids, IMO. Us fanboys are going to go see it, but who else will? Make it animated, and the kids will love it.

Separated at birth?

90694829196.5.GIF

I think the artist lightboxed an old photo of MARTHA STEWART for the cover of UFF #5. That cover is just awful.

And, for the record, I think Jessica Alba is smooooookin', but to play Sue Storm? Good luck with that...

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15466

http://www.superherohype.com/fantasticfour/index.php?id=1719

It’ll at least be palate cleansing from the Roger Corman version. According to today’s Hollywood Reporter, the final member of the Fantastic Four has been cast, and Jessica Alba will play Sue Storm, Invisible Girl.

The film will be Alba’s second back-to-back comic book feature, as she recently completed filming Sin City with Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller helming.

The other three roles already have been cast for the film, with Michael Chiklis playing Ben Grimm/Thing; Chris Evans as Johnny Storm/Human Torch; and Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards.

Tim Story will direct the film, which will be produced by Avi Arad's Marvel Studios, 1492 Pictures, Constantin Films and Ralph Winter. Simon Kinberg is writing the -script.

At one time, Marvel indicated that the film would be released for the holiday 2004 season, but a late 2005 release is more likely.

Let's see - blonde blue-eyed girl next door with a brother who's also blonde. Let's cast the dark-haired, olive-skinned Alba instead of, say, the fifty million actresses who actually already look like the character and are (in some cases at least) far more talented. Why? No reason. Why, do we need one?

Let's see - blonde blue-eyed girl next door with a brother who's also blonde. Let's cast the dark-haired, olive-skinned Alba instead of, say, the fifty million actresses who actually already look like the character and are (in some cases at least) far more talented. Why? No reason. Why, do we need one?

Maybe it had something to do with the casting director's couch? blush.gif