• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

People using WorldPay (i.e., lots of you GPA customers)

59 posts in this topic

I had over 5700 in attempted charges last sunday. Only one for 700 and some change them went thru tho and i already have that back.

In a way i do blame GPA for not being more thorough in who they used to accept payments and not being eager to help rectify problems caused to their customers by essentially their business partners. If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

Sounds to me like you might go on your lackadaisical way though. hm

Youre absolutely right too. :sorry:

If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

I love it!

I nice homely analogy to wrap up in a simplified version, the intricacies of a global payment system.

(thumbs u

Thats only part of the analogy. Do you even know the whole analogy? It was so eloquent and complex in my pm. I swear.

Perhaps GPA and Worldpay are just the most obvious commonality that the fraud victims share

It could also be that everyone that's been hit have GPA and the card on file with an auction house that they buy graded books.

To really try to nail it down requires a comparison of everyones card type, types of fraud charges, if they have also registered at businesses, like auction houses, buying books in a common place and compare it to those like me that have not been hit with fraud.

There may be another company that has been breached that has been overlooked other than the obvious guess.

My Chase Visa debit card was charged a couple of weekends ago in Florida. I had to close it out. But it isn't the one I use for GPA.

Same problem here. Chase Visa Card last month with fraudulent charges from Florida.

Account is now Closed.

The problem certainly seems to lie within the comics industry somehow. None of my other circles of friends/associates has been affected. Only this circle on the CGC boards. So, if it was a different commonality such as Ebay, Amazon, Target or Subway, we'd be hearing about a fraud problem from a wider range of people.

My fraud was 2-3 weeks ago. BoA debit card. $75 on Craigslist. Cancelled that card.

Maybe this has already been suggested but why doesn't he just set up reoccurring paypal payments for clients or have them send payment once a month to his specified email address?

I asked George about this when I was having trouble signing up to WorldPay, and he said that keeping track of so many monthly payments through Paypal would be a administrative nightmare. And I'd have to agree with him, manually checking all of those payments every month just to see whose accounts remained active would take more time than tracking comic book sales.

I subscribe to GPA using my credit card. When WorldPay got hacked back in March or so, I was affected as someone tried to use my card to make a $3000 purchase. Luckily, my bank contacted me and the charge did not go through. My bank also issued me a new card.

Just got a call from my bank and again, someone tried to put $900 worth of airline tickets on my account. Again, the bank noticed it as odd and denied the charge.

Anyone else having a problem again?

No problems here either. I do sneak peeks at my credit card activity on line about once a week if not more, so I quickly catch odd activity.

I use M&T Visa debit checking for everything online. I can't download a $1 tune without having to answer my security question and type my password. No problems ever. So far... :wishluck:

I gave up GPA on my credit card, when the last thread was instituted and I found a couple of very small charges that I had not authorized. I told GPA (George) that I would be glad to re-institute my subscribtion to GPA if I could pay using PayPal. He said that was in the works and would be an option very soon.

I'm still not a GPA member, many months later. :(

I have to say that I really like GPA. It is an invaluable tool. But I will not play that "cancel my card every three months", just to keep a subscription to GPA, game.

If you want my $120 bucks a year GPA. Fix the problem. If you don't. No hard feelings and I wish you (and your membership) luck.

Surely there is a way to handle this to almost everyones satisfaction. (no matter what you do, you can't satisfy everyone)

Hey! I've got it. Maybe make the service free, and make money with advertising. Like this site does.

Naw....just kidding. :) (or am I....?)

I had my citi visa number stolen and around 1,400 in charges were racked up and I had to cancel the card and get the charges reversed. Other than GPA (world pay) I only used it with two other merchants andi was pretty and my bank and I were pretty sure that world pay was the problem.

I let me gpa monthly renewal lapse because of this. Would resubscribe but want another way to pay

I'm sure you look great, but what does that have to do with it? :baiting:

lol

Thanks for the laugh Brother!

:banana: Chris

I gave up GPA on my credit card, when the last thread was instituted and I found a couple of very small charges that I had not authorized. I told GPA (George) that I would be glad to re-institute my subscribtion to GPA if I could pay using PayPal. He said that was in the works and would be an option very soon.

I'm still not a GPA member, many months later. :(

I'm pretty sure I paid via paypal months ago (yearly amount) after cancelling my CC from the site. No problems since.

I don't use Worldpay, but,I had a weird charge to my PayPal account about a month ago. I got an e-mail that I had sent a payment for $100, using mobile pay. The time that it occurred I was at work and in a meeting. The weird part was, a few hours later it was refunded. I called PayPal and they said they were going to look into it and see what happened. They had me change my password and said they would monitor my account for a few days to see if any more odd charges, as they reviewed my account and saw that I never used the mobile pay in the 10 years or so I have been them.

The only places I use PayPal are here, E-Bay, and GPA. They somehow got into my account to make a payment, but, refunded it. Not sure how they did, but, I check my bank and PayPal daily, just in case of things like this happening.