• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VARIANTS!

62 posts in this topic

I tried telling marvel in their forums about the fact we are tired of variants and they deledted my thread 3 times. Marvel is not open to constructive critism and basically only care about money. This is shown time and time again with excessive variants. Secret Avengers has like 30 variants up to number 7 and what really pissed me off was the Virgin variant of Vengeance of moon Knight a book that is near impossible to get, a manufactured rare given out to people tha probably don't even care about Moon Knight and now probably the rarest book to get for the character which is utter bs. On top of that when I made those thread a moronic marvel fanboy told me that i am the one to blame for it because I am a completist of this character. I don't ever recall me asking Marvel for a variant. As far as I cared I wish they didn't do variants in teh first place since it would be a lot lighter on my wallet for cost.

Due to this I will no longer buy moderns off the shelf. I will wait for them to hit the $1 bins or lose value before I will buy anything now and really the sad part is that only person that will suffer in the end is the LCS but hey they are the ones that do the orders and need to tell Marvel we don't want anymore variants and stop over ordering books to get the variants.

Also tired of all the 50/50 covers, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and ip printings of a book in which some cases they even make 50/50's of those and variants. All the time I see a shelf full of books and yet there is 2nd printings when they havn't even sold the first printings.

Anyways in the end it does not matter because Marvel doesn't care about the true comic book collector.

Message to marvel: My opinion won't change until you (marvel) puts 1000 copies of Virgin copy of Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1 in my hand so I can distribute them where they need to go. :jokealert:

You DC and Marvel guys have bigger variant problems anyway. Since, those Newsstand variants are getting the distinction of Newsstand Edition in the barcode, they will become the sought after variants, since they don't spend a few days in high grade in the general public. I also see CGC starting to put Newsstand on their labels too. It could be the next craze for completists. I think they are pretty cool to have when they are price variants too. My 2c

Why do they make this soooo hard for me?

X-Men Variants

Some are meh, but a couple are pretty nice!

The Storm and Angel variants will definitely be in my collection.........I feel so ashamed...... :fear:

hey monkey whats the ratio of those variants??? 1:5? 1:10? 1:50? 1:100??

You DC and Marvel guys have bigger variant problems anyway. Since, those Newsstand variants are getting the distinction of Newsstand Edition in the barcode, they will become the sought after variants, since they don't spend a few days in high grade in the general public. I also see CGC starting to put Newsstand on their labels too. It could be the next craze for completists. I think they are pretty cool to have when they are price variants too. My 2c

Duuuuddde... sssshhhhhh. Don't mention the newsstands yet until i have all the UXM NS's in 9.8 ... i'm ... not .. done. :whistle:

Why do they make this soooo hard for me?

X-Men Variants

Some are meh, but a couple are pretty nice!

The Storm and Angel variants will definitely be in my collection.........I feel so ashamed...... :fear:

hey monkey whats the ratio of those variants??? 1:5? 1:10? 1:50? 1:100??

I'm not sue but I don't think its a high ratio. Most likely 1:10 or 1:25

Duuuuddde... sssshhhhhh. Don't mention the newsstands yet until i have all the UXM NS's in 9.8 ... i'm ... not .. done. :whistle:

They are coming! I tell you! Mark my words! :ohnoez:

But, good luck with your UXMs. I would love to see high grade Newsstand collections. (thumbs u

Another reason why I collect an IDW title is because my collecting OCD would have me working at a Borders(if they carried IDW titles) to get the best copies to grade. I miss the little stores like Walden Books or the Hudson News that went under, that carried these "variants". Your lucky if you run into a Captain America or Batman one at a Shaws supermarket now.

If I'm not mistaken CGC will only denote something as a newsstand Variant if it somehow has different artwork. If the book is $3.99 Direct as opposed to $4.99 Newsstand it makes no difference to them.

Alot of Marvels outside the LCS's have "Newsstand Edition" in the barcode now too. Things might be changing for their credibility.

But then that's the only difference - Instead of Direct it says Newsstand - still the same comic with maybe a different price.

If that's the case all the copper barcoded books should all be changed to Newsstand - All the Spideys's & Caps to Direct Editions on the label - not going to happen.