• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your CGC hang-up?

152 posts in this topic

sorry.gif

Hey you have a thread for this, stop hijacking

sorry.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Whither Borock and Heft? Are they just going to leave us to arse about with icons while we wait?

Oh, btw, frown.gifmad.gifconfused.gif893frustrated.gif

893blahblah.gif

sleeping.gif

That is what i am going to do right now

sorry.gif

Hey you have a thread for this, stop hijacking

sorry.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Whither Borock and Heft? Are they just going to leave us to arse about with icons while we wait?

Oh, btw, frown.gifmad.gifconfused.gif893frustrated.gif

893blahblah.gif

sleeping.gif

That is what i am going to do right now

NOBODY LEAVES!!!!!!!!

Please tell the chat board why CGC won't have anything to do with you........

.......and remember, I still have the emails.

Steve

Could you please be more specific, as I'm unclear as to anything that I've done in the past that would legitimately cause you to act in such a threatening manner. In fact, place the emails here and that will give me a chance to review and respond.

Trace

HERE IS THE LAST EMAIL I SENT TO YOU:

(by the way, for those that don't know, "cityopus" is/was Dupcek/Koos/Hammer/Meth/etc's email address)

Tracey,

I am sorry to say, you will not be getting the information you would like from CGC about our product. Please see below. You can explain this to the AACC members when they ask why you can't get the info from us. I know that I will, if asked.

Please do not call for any information about how CGC works or information on our products in the future.

I am sorry that I had to write this email,

Steve Borock

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 9:01 PM

To: Borock, Steve

Subject: Fw: Question for seller -- Item #1137750210

Steven, with all the stories floating even I don't know anymore who told me what....UNTIL I LOOK. Here's the EXACT unaltered email received from Tracey that should clear up at least ONE BIG FAT LIE HE JUST TOLD YOU. If you only would send me the lies, one at a time like you did (which I do appreciate, because I SAVE most emails and here was given a chance to show whose foot the army boot is really on), I can clear them up just as easily as this one. EVERYTHING sounds so much worse when only ONE side is presented. Since our last "talk" I do NOTHING but "good-mouth" CGC..and I can PROVE that too with emails. If you would like the header info for his email, as this is an original, I can send that too, to prove that it's content is entirely

unchanged. -Richard

-----Original Message-----

To: cityopus <cityopus@email.msn.com>

Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 5:52 AM

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1137750210

>At 07:25 PM 4/23/01 -0700, you wrote:

>>T,

>> Snip away. The proof is right on Ebay! I bought a 6.0 and 6.5 right

>>on Ebay and they should look 1/2 as good as yours!! The color and

>>spine are gorgeous! And I'm just waiting until one day when they screw

>>up real good and grade a book restored that a REAL restoration

>>spotting expert like

you,

>>Sue, Matt, fine artwork and rare book restorers, etc. KNOW isn't

>>touched.

>

>News for you - they already have! I had a client send in a book that I

>worked on and they listed restoration that wasn't done! I've heard

>that it is their policy to grade suspected books as restored - just in

>case.

>>

>>PS: T, how about a grading service from a real restoration expert that

knows

>>how to grade unbiasedly, and consistantly?

>

>I'm working on it as we speak. However, it's very time consuming and

>ultimately it will come down to money and investment from interested

>parties. I will add you to the list of interested individuals. Once I

>get something more concrete, I'll be mailing out a questionairre.

>

>Thanks

>Trace

>

>

This email is confusing. confused.gif

Am I to think that Tracey and Hammer are going to start their own grading company?

Hammer will trim them, and Tracey will give a numerical value as to how much Hammer trimmed off?

My head hurts now. 893frustrated.gif

Basically, it looks like Trace is saying that he's developed a way to detect ALL restoration, and considers Hammer an expert on it (big suprise there) and claims that CGC labels resto when there isnt any, and sometimes misses resto when there is some and apparently wanted to know exactly how they do resto check.

Im also reading into this that now Hammer is kissing serious CGC booty, and now praises CGC to everyone he meets and talks to and email's and sells to.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Way to kiss it Danny Boy !

Basically, it looks like Trace is saying that he's developed a way to detect ALL restoration, and considers Hammer an expert on it (big suprise there) and claims that CGC labels resto when there isnt any, and sometimes misses resto when there is some and apparently wanted to know exactly how they do resto check.

Im also reading into this that now Hammer is kissing serious CGC booty, and now praises CGC to everyone he meets and talks to and email's and sells to.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Way to kiss it Danny Boy !

Thanks for the run down.

I feel so cheap and dirty...Like I need cliff notes for a soap opera, or something.

blush.gif