• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Potential in the Copper Age

191 posts in this topic

I don't really get why you would ever want anything other than the 1st print of an issue, but that's just me... (shrug)

I get them for the mere fact that I am a completist and would feel like I have an empty void in my collection without them. :insane:

Kind of sad and expensive. lol

The True Blood series has me really hating variants and multiple printings, but for this Superman set I love the different prints. :)

Couple of books I'm always on the lookout for are the New Gods #6 from the Baxter reprint run. It contains an all new Kirby New Gods story that leads directly into the Hunger Dogs Graphic Novel.

Also the Wrath of the Spectre #4, a Baxter series reprinting the Spectre Adventure Comics run. This was the final issue & it contained the scripts intended for Adventure #441-443, completed with new Aparo art in 1988.

Lastly is Hex #18, the final issue of the sci-fi Hex series. The book has a nice tie in to the Jonah Hex Spectacular (DC Special Series #16), with Hex discovering his own stuffed carcass that was featured in the Hex Spectacular.

The first 2 sold well on ebay about 10 years ago, when many fans didn't realize the stories were new. I've always thought the Hex book would catch on some day (if you can get past the Giffen art).

Couple of books I'm always on the lookout for are the New Gods #6 from the Baxter reprint run. It contains an all new Kirby New Gods story that leads directly into the Hunger Dogs Graphic Novel.

Also the Wrath of the Spectre #4, a Baxter series reprinting the Spectre Adventure Comics run. This was the final issue & it contained the scripts intended for Adventure #441-443, completed with new Aparo art in 1988.

Lastly is Hex #18, the final issue of the sci-fi Hex series. The book has a nice tie in to the Jonah Hex Spectacular (DC Special Series #16), with Hex discovering his own stuffed carcass that was featured in the Hex Spectacular.

The first 2 sold well on ebay about 10 years ago, when many fans didn't realize the stories were new. I've always thought the Hex book would catch on some day (if you can get past the Giffen art).

Unfortunately educating the public is a big part of investment potential and I just dont see the word getting out on all that. However, as a fan of the Aparo Spectre run, I will def be on the lookout for the Wrath 4. Thanks!

Unfortunately educating the public is a big part of investment potential and I just dont see the word getting out on all that. However, as a fan of the Aparo Spectre run, I will def be on the lookout for the Wrath 4. Thanks!

Just so your not disappointed, the 1988 Aparo art doesn't stand up well to the stuff he was doing in the early to mid 70s (in my opinion). Still a cool book to look for.

As far as educating, i agree somewhat, but was able to sell a large stack of the New Gods book about 10 years back at some really nice prices. Personally, I would take my chance with unknown appearances / storylines over looking for previously hot books to get hot again. Then again, I'm still waiting for Wonder Woman #300 to take off.

I don't really get why you would ever want anything other than the 1st print of an issue, but that's just me... (shrug)

In most cases they are much more rare than first prints.

So Ferdelance (fellow boardie) came by the other day and showed a different copy of Man of Steel # 18. Had a different cover, no price, and no logo labeling it with a title or issue number on the outside.

I checked the indicia and it was indeed a "Man of Steel 18" but some kind of toy or action figure variant.

Anyone have any info on the issue? Prospective print run, etc.?

GL #48-51 have better potential.

Rarely see those in the dollar bins. I wont say never as I have managed to find one or two of each over the years but RARELY isn't an undestatement.

I say #47 is vastly overlooked.

Paratrooper is obsessed with that book, too. He has a bunch of copies.

I now have 30 raw copies and 3x CGC 9.8 copies. I love that storyline

Rarely see those in the dollar bins. I wont say never as I have managed to find one or two of each over the years but RARELY isn't an undestatement.

of #47?

34064-4363-38038-1-green-lantern_large.jpg

of #47?

Yes of 47

of #47?

Yes of 47

:ohnoez:

of #47?

Yes of 47

:ohnoez:
I have a copy of GL #47 too :whee:

of #47?

Yes of 47

You aiming to get 47 copies of 47?