• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I come home from Easter Dinner to this

119 posts in this topic

He might've even done it 3 times!

Blazing.jpg

Yee-haw! I see you will be in Boston this weekend. Well, I'll get to complain about your high price books in person. I don't need no stinking email to hide behind. :sumo:

:jokealert: I'm so poor these days every book anyone has is too much for me. :tonofbricks:

Hope to see you there, as I always enjoy looking at your super selection and great priced books.

I'll go over to Harley's booth if I need a good laugh about prices. :insane:

It's not even like Bob's price was unusual, was a one-off anomaly, because there have been quite a few nicely-registered X-Men 94s in 9.6 offered on C-Link at the same level before now, around $6,000 for White pages and $5,000 for OW-W. The guy would've been better doing some more extensive research before losing it, I believe. (shrug)

Might want to check GPA on this one - the days of getting anywhere near $5,000 for an OW-W copy are long gone :shy:

It's not even like Bob's price was unusual, was a one-off anomaly, because there have been quite a few nicely-registered X-Men 94s in 9.6 offered on C-Link at the same level before now, around $6,000 for White pages and $5,000 for OW-W. The guy would've been better doing some more extensive research before losing it, I believe. (shrug)

Might want to check GPA on this one - the days of getting anywhere near $5,000 for an OW-W copy are long gone :shy:

Sure I'd seen some asking price / offered around $5k.

Ah, well.

I notice that SOT is missing in all 3 pics. :o

Does that mean there is a convention sidekick spot available? hm

On the outs with Dale are ya' hm

You hoping for a shot at the best sidekick job in comics? :o

No, but I am fairly certain that is why Bob is smiling.

You belong to me, beyatch

Son of a blitch! :o

:D

Buy some signs :gossip:

I need a sign.

I'm not so sure that's so.

I see you as the kinda guy who has it all already :foryou:

No, but I am fairly certain that is why Bob is smiling.

You belong to me, beyatch

Son of a blitch! :o

:D

Buy some signs :gossip:

Make me one cooler than Bob's... :baiting:

FLEE does all the real making. We just run it through a machine.

& we belong to each other babydoll :banana:

Dear blazingbob,

think i've had enough of you now - please do not email me again.

Email him a link to this thread & let him know he is considered a comic book crybaby by Comics General.

:devil:

I'd just ignore someone that is completely unreasonable in their opening email. I get the odd one myself and don't bother replying at all.

I get plenty of polite ones though and those work out well.

Take it as a compliment that people scrutinize what you do.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u in a nutshell

Dear blazingbob,

Current value is $9k to 9.5 k for a 5.5. One just sold last month at Clink for 9,500. what makes your copy worth 50% more ? you want to sell it or do you want to flaunt it

- golden-age1

I don't see anything wrong with a buyer contacting a dealer and trying to get a lower price. Quoting previous sales is a fair arguement.

That said, this is completely different. He was RUDE in his message about the "flaunting" so I think he was just trying to push your buttons. Not actually trying to buy.

Plus, anyone who thinks $9,500 is 50% of $13,000 is going to be problems going forward. 50% is basic math! doh!

Dear blazingbob,

Current value is $9k to 9.5 k for a 5.5. One just sold last month at Clink for 9,500. what makes your copy worth 50% more ? you want to sell it or do you want to flaunt it

- golden-age1

I don't see anything wrong with a buyer contacting a dealer and trying to get a lower price. Quoting previous sales is a fair arguement.

That said, this is completely different. He was RUDE in his message about the "flaunting" so I think he was just trying to push your buttons. Not actually trying to buy.

Plus, anyone who thinks $9,500 is 50% of $13,000 is going to be problems going forward. 50% is basic math! doh!

Yes but 50% of 9k = $13,500 ... so he is doing a liittle rounding in his favour.

Jim

Unfortunate emails from misinformed people. However, remember negative press travels much faster than positive press. By answering someone in an email and getting nasty back to them only has the potential of exponentially losing future customers. Those who aren't happy with you will spread the word and spread it all over the place. Just something to keep in mind. I've bought from Bob and it's always been a positive experience.

:)

Proof that Bob has smiled more than once:

Blazing.jpg

I think because he is not wearing any pants.

.....perhaps there's a Gerbil in his loin strap...? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u